By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

Let's go!!!!!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Here's hoping for one or two announcements of unknown games that will release within the next three months, plus a couple of release timeframes for Nintendo tentpole games coming in 2023. A year ago Nintendo did well with their Direct that gave us confirmation of at least three big titles launching in 2022 - ignoring that Breath of the Wild 2 eventually slipped into 2023.

But having such an outlook makes visiting gaming forums so much more bearable, because the curl-6es of this world don't whine about staleness and lack of excitement. Also, sales predictions for Switch lifetime sales will become more realistic instead of having to endure the perpetual "it will slow down a lot soon" and "not going to beat the DS, let alone PS2."

My wish: Nintendo pulls out a new 3D Donkey Kong instead of making Super Mario Odyssey 2, set to release during the first week of December 2022. They'll also announce that the next big Mario game is near completion and ready to launch in the first half of 2023: Super Mario Bros. 5 is coming, Switch finally confirmed to become the bestselling console of all-time.

It would be about time! It baffles me how much Nintendo can ignore such a lucrative IP for so long.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
RolStoppable said:

Here's hoping for one or two announcements of unknown games that will release within the next three months, plus a couple of release timeframes for Nintendo tentpole games coming in 2023. A year ago Nintendo did well with their Direct that gave us confirmation of at least three big titles launching in 2022 - ignoring that Breath of the Wild 2 eventually slipped into 2023.

But having such an outlook makes visiting gaming forums so much more bearable, because the curl-6es of this world don't whine about staleness and lack of excitement. Also, sales predictions for Switch lifetime sales will become more realistic instead of having to endure the perpetual "it will slow down a lot soon" and "not going to beat the DS, let alone PS2."

My wish: Nintendo pulls out a new 3D Donkey Kong instead of making Super Mario Odyssey 2, set to release during the first week of December 2022. They'll also announce that the next big Mario game is near completion and ready to launch in the first half of 2023: Super Mario Bros. 5 is coming, Switch finally confirmed to become the bestselling console of all-time.

It would be about time! It baffles me how much Nintendo can ignore such a lucrative IP for so long.

Tbf, it was a 15 year gap between Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros for side-scrolling Mario unless you count Yoshi's Island since that was technically Super Mario World 2.

gtotheunit91 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Tbf, it was a 15 year gap between Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros for side-scrolling Mario unless you count Yoshi's Island since that was technically Super Mario World 2.

That was a little bit of a different time. 3D was still a novelty and there wasn't a ton of interest in 2D games. Now there's clearly a market for both.

Although, while they don't exactly scratch the same itch, Mario Maker 1 and 2 do fulfill a bit of the same purpose as the Mario/NSMB series. I'd personally rather play through a game of levels made by Nintendo rather than struggle to find the few decent ones in Mario Maker, but the single player modes there are serviceable Mario games.

Splatoon 3 so far is being really annoying

I had very few complete matches in 2 days. When someone disconnects the match ends...

I think I will drop it for now and comeback in few months when the servers start to be playable

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Splatoon 3 so far is being really annoying

I had very few complete matches in 2 days. When someone disconnects the match ends...

I think I will drop it for now and comeback in few months when the servers start to be playable

There's still no servers, it's all P2P. I haven't had too many matches end by disconnects, but pretty much every match is a complete lagfest, it's insane. Also takes ridiculously long to get in a match to begin with.

Still having fun though.

Has there been any word on when dedicated servers will be added?

mZuzek said:

There's still no servers, it's all P2P. I haven't had too many matches end by disconnects, but pretty much every match is a complete lagfest, it's insane. Also takes ridiculously long to get in a match to begin with.

Still having fun though.

I'm not. Half of the maps are reused Splatoon 2 and the new maps are straight up bad. I feel aiming is more sensitive to motion controls than what it used to and without enough matches I can't get myself mastering the correct joycon tilt to aim. 

But my main complain is for sure the multiplayer, a huge amount of time to find a match and 3 out of 4 just disconnect before the first 30 seconds. Frustrating experience. 

mZuzek said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I'm not. Half of the maps are reused Splatoon 2 and the new maps are straight up bad. I feel aiming is more sensitive to motion controls than what it used to and without enough matches I can't get myself mastering the correct joycon tilt to aim.

That's just false. There's 5 new stages, 3 reworked from the first game, and 4 brought over from the second. Fair enough, the Splatoon 2 stages are mostly untouched, but they didn't need to be changed. Hammerhead Bridge was changed so dramatically it might as well be a new stage, then it'd be 6 new ones if you include it.

Also, the gyro sensitivity can be adjusted.

Ok so instead of half it's 40%. Does it make it better ?

IcaroRibeiro said:
mZuzek said:

That's just false. There's 5 new stages, 3 reworked from the first game, and 4 brought over from the second. Fair enough, the Splatoon 2 stages are mostly untouched, but they didn't need to be changed. Hammerhead Bridge was changed so dramatically it might as well be a new stage, then it'd be 6 new ones if you include it.

Also, the gyro sensitivity can be adjusted.

Ok so instead of half it's 40%. Does it make it better ?

30%. And the updates will bring more stages, likely new ones too. Does it having some Splatoon 2 stages make the game less fun?

Splatoon 3's campaign is really awesome.

I love the much more fleshed out hub, and the levels are more varied than prior games, taking cues from the Octo Expansion in many cases.
Nintendo really did it a disservice by barely talking about it pre-launch and leading many to think it would be a throwaway mode.