By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JWeinCom said:

I worked in Best Buy for a few years... nothing would surprise me anymore.

My favorite one was this.

An older woman came in and asked me if we had Mario Galaxy for the Nintendo DS. I told her that Mario Galaxy was only on the Nintendo Wii, but there were other Mario games for the DS. She insisted that her grandson or whatever asked for Mario Galaxy on the DS. I told her again that it didn't exist, and said maybe her grandson was confused, but there were other Mario games. She insisted I help her find Mario Galaxy on the DS. I told her I couldn't because it could not exist. Then I politely excused myself.

About 5 minutes later one of my managers comes up to me and says "Hey, a woman was asking for Mario Galaxy on the Nintendo DS". I explained to my manager that didn't exist (keep in mind the manager was not responsible for gaming, so reasonable for them not to know). Five minutes later another manager comes to me and asks "Do we have Mario Galaxy on the DS"? I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember a third asking me on a walky talky. But definitely at least two.

Now there are more reviews with people upset that for the 350€ price the game is not included despite the normal OLED without this great design being 350€ at practically every retailer and 333€ on Amazon.

"OMG, I didn't get the game for just 26€ two weeks early? Nintendo is horrible and inhumane! 1 Star!!!"

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 31 August 2022

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

A Wii U update just dropped.

As someone who just bought Splatoon 1 and has been DCing out of 50% of my games, I was hoping this would help, but alas, DCed out of my first three. Probably just an update to set up for the upcoming shutdown of the shop or something...

Unfortunately I assume any update for 3DS and Wii U at this point is just prep for end of life stuff rather than game stability. :(

Manana and Riku need to just fuck and get it over with already.

Saw someone complain today about how they miss the Wii U cos it actually had original content while the Switch is just all ports.

So, we're just gonna ignore Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, Astral Chain, Monster Hunter Rise, Splatoon 2 and 3, Xenoblade 2 and 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Smash Bros Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Shin Megami Tensei V, Octopath Traveler, Triangle Strategy, New Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Mario Maker 2, and tons more?

I mean, different strokes for different folks and all that, but the notion that the Switch is somehow lacking in new games compared to the Wii U just baffles me, and I say that as someone who owns both systems.

curl-6 said:

Saw someone complain today about how they miss the Wii U cos it actually had original content while the Switch is just all ports.

So, we're just gonna ignore Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, Astral Chain, Monster Hunter Rise, Splatoon 2 and 3, Xenoblade 2 and 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Smash Bros Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Shin Megami Tensei V, Octopath Traveler, Triangle Strategy, New Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Legends Arceus, Mario Maker 2, and tons more?

I mean, different strokes for different folks and all that, but the notion that the Switch is somehow lacking in new games compared to the Wii U just baffles me, and I say that as someone who owns both systems.

I've seen people like this too. I've seen someone unironically say: "To be fair most of the great games on the Switch are Wii U ports." And they're not even joking. I feel like if I started telling these people that there are less than a dozen Wii U ports and over 60 other Nintendo published games on the Switch they'd probably start calling me a fanboy and apologist or some bs like that.

It's like they're literally blind. Splatoon 2 and SMM2 are also just Wii U ports to them. But even so the Switch has more original exclusives. Morons like this used to be infuriating, but now I just ignore them.

Let them live in their delusion. The Switch outsold the Wii U tenfold not just because it's a hybrid.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Sounds like they're just a spiteful idiot who thinks they have a point.

Right? Like don't get me wrong I think the WiiU is horribly underrated but it doesn't hold a candle to the Switch. Not even close. Switch basically has everything the WiiU had then multiplied by five.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I seriously doubt whoever said that wasn't just lazy trolling. Reminds me of the "Smash Ultimate is a port" nonsense that people just kept up to troll with. People who have been paying even minor attention to gaming news couldn't genuinely believe either one.

Splatoon 3 has an 84 on metacritic and opencritic.

Awesome news for Splatoon 3. I still feel like I need to put hours into 2 before I jump into a new entry, but hopefully everyone planning on getting it at launch has a good time.

Kakadu18 said:

Splatoon 3 has an 84 on metacritic and opencritic.

Each game has gotten higher metacritic scores than the previous entry. Not by a large amount, but still good progress!