By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BasilZero said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not sure what to make of Bayonetta Origins to be honest.

I am a massive Bayonetta fan, but looking at the trailer I'm wondering, that's it? Where is the gameplay? is there any actual meat to it or is it just one of those walkathon games with the occasional puzzle you'd get for $5 on the eshop?

Its one of those isometric indie games.

Yeah, it really seems like cheap shovelware, much as it pains me to say.

Around the Network

Well, that was… And I say this delicately… The most boring award show I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching.

CaptainExplosion said:

GOTY is not by Nintendo. Has Nintendo won TGA GOTY even ONCE? -_-

There's a lot of game companies out there. Expecting one to win regularly is kind of silly.

PAOerfulone said:

Well, that was… And I say this delicately… The most boring award show I’ve ever had the displeasure of watching.

I'm guessing this is your first Game Awards? They're usually pretty boring to be honest. I felt like this one was actually a bit more interesting than the last few, but yeah..

PAOerfulone said:

Yeah, gaming...yuck! 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
BasilZero said:

Its one of those isometric indie games.

Bayonetta Origins reminds me of Isometric Hellblade or death stranding on a very low budget. It might score good on Metacritic I think high 80's? like what Pentiment did which also looked low budget Indie.

SegaHeart said:
curl-6 said:

Bayonetta Origins reminds me of Isometric Hellblade or death stranding on a very low budget. It might score good on Metacritic I think high 80's? like what Pentiment did which also looked low budget Indie.

Its just a full game of the small sample we saw in Bayonetta 3. I never unlocked it, but Ive seen a video of it.

JWeinCom said:
CaptainExplosion said:

GOTY is not by Nintendo. Has Nintendo won TGA GOTY even ONCE? -_-

There's a lot of game companies out there. Expecting one to win regularly is kind of silly.

But it's a nice thought.

In all honesty, Xenoblade 3 winning GOTY was about as likely as Stray winning it. The contest very much an obvious Elden Ring vs God of War showdown since those were two of the most hyped/popular games of the year. Slightly disappointed Xenoblade 3 didn't win best music since I feel like that does have a pretty great soundtrack, but then again haven't heard the other game's OSTs so maybe I'm missing out.

Raven said:

In all honesty, Xenoblade 3 winning GOTY was about as likely as Stray winning it. The contest very much an obvious Elden Ring vs God of War showdown since those were two of the most hyped/popular games of the year. Slightly disappointed Xenoblade 3 didn't win best music since I feel like that does have a pretty great soundtrack, but then again haven't heard the other game's OSTs so maybe I'm missing out.

Tbh I think Xenoblade 3 being nominated was kind of just because they felt they had to have a Nintendo game in there. It's a solid 8/10 game for me, but I just don't feel it was one of the best games released this year. Not even my top Nintendo game of the year since Triangle Strategy, Kirby, and Bayo 3 were all games I enjoyed more. Xenoblade 3's nomination was especially odd because it wasn't nominated for best narrative, when that's the main aspect of the game that stood out. 

But there is a Nintendo game I thought should be in the conversation that wasn't, and that's Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I think award shows in general pander a bit to their audiences. The academy awards tend to give the best overall award to live action dramas, and even when a truly superb action movie, comedy, or animated film is released, it at best will get a courtesy nod. The Game Awards are geared towards more "hardcore gamers", and particularly ones who prefer single player gaming in general. So, a lot of multiplayer or family games really don't really have a chance even when they're really good. I think Kirby is really an exceptional game that is probably the best 3D platformer for newer/younger gamers. Even more so than Mario 3D World or something like that. It's nice that they recognized that with the best family game award, but I think it really deserved a nod for GOTY, at least moreso than Xenoblade 3. Can't say it should have won as I haven't played any of the other noms.