By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 3 DLC comes out tomorrow.

Cant wait to try it out.

Around the Network

Raven said:

Probably, which doesn't really make sense since they could have used Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl's fall 2021 release to buy them time until this holiday to release Pokemon Arceus, and then have an entire extra year to polish Scarlet and Violet for holiday 2023. There really was no big need to rush a new gen just yet.

Holiday 2023 will likely have a Scarlet/Violet 2 type of sequel and then we'll see the next Gen Pokemon games afterwards for the Switch's successor in 2024.

I found the physical version of Link's Awakening for $29 around Black Friday. I'm getting close to halfway through. It is just as good as I remember it from Link's Awakening DX. This game is gorgeous too. I love the art style. I do wish they had brought back the camera shop though.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Whoa, Nintendo is allowing custom items in every race mode! That's pretty huge!

I feel like Mario Kart 8/Deluxe has the best balance between rewarding people for racing well and having a blue shell or some other crazy item pop up, so I didn't mind all the items personally. Having more options is always nice though!

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Whoa, Nintendo is allowing custom items in every race mode! That's pretty huge!

Not in GP mode unfortunately at least from what I hear.

I'm about to play it!

The new cups are pretty good honestly, nice variety and I'm really happy they brought back one of the classic SNES/GBA style ghost house tracks.

Haven't done one of these in a long time:

US eShop Chart as of 12/8/2022

Just played Wave 3 DLC for MK8D

Its fantastic

Peach Gardens, Merry Mountain and 3DS Rainbow Road were fantastic

Raven said:

I feel like Mario Kart 8/Deluxe has the best balance between rewarding people for racing well and having a blue shell or some other crazy item pop up, so I didn't mind all the items personally. Having more options is always nice though!

I felt that way about the original, but Deluxe always felt unbalanced and too item-heavy to me, mainly because the game was never made with double items in mind. I'm really glad about this change, gonna be great playing MK8 without too much BS.