By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

There's a rumor about SMTV not being exclusive to Switch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/141avp3/smt_v_ports_soon/

Around the Network

Wouldn’t be shocking. Lot of third party switch exclusives have gone to other platforms after 1 year.

Currently playing Future Redeemed dlc for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Im at chapter 4 and im currently liking the main cast and story more than main game. 

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Back playing Metroid Prime Remastered. I'm now in what's left of Frigate Orpheon. Also, there may be a big summer Direct coming.

Last edited by CaptainExplosion - on 08 June 2023

curl-6 said:

The final update for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is now live.

It's been one hell of a ride, and one of the best games on the Switch. 

This generation has been so freaking that I haven't got time to play a single minute of the game. A tragedy !!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Sonic Superstars and Prince of Persia The Lost Crown announced for Switch

Around the Network

Excited for Sonic Superstars.

BasilZero said:

There's a rumor about SMTV not being exclusive to Switch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/141avp3/smt_v_ports_soon/

Random guy on Twitter. Yup, solid source. /s

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It looks like the new Sonic game has actually made the og 2D pixel style work in 3D !

Yet, it didn't looked as impressive as the formers did so I can't say how I feel about it yet + with such a price tag, I hope this means the game is feature length one like it should.

Leynos said:

Random guy on Twitter. Yup, solid source. /s

Sometimes they've been true, you'd be surprised how often.

Octopath Traveler II finally getting to the million copies sold milestone. The first game did it in it's first month of sales while this one took 3 months.
It's enjoying better sales than Triangle Strategy and Live A Live but those two weren't as big in scope projects as this was.

Kinda glad it achieved such but personally, the less than stellar marketing, the more crowded RPG market and the fact the first game didn't leave a great impression on part of the crowd. Those are factors which did not help this game to perform on the same level.

Hopefully, if there's other games in the series or anything Team Asano related, Square won't shy away from doing a better job with their presentation of them. Also be more wary of their platform of choices.

I feel like this hasn't been discussed because of the "games benefit more from being on all the platform" discourse when it comes to the 3rd party exclusivity deals. But this is one case where I think, Nintendo should've kept this franchise on lock on the console side of things while also doing the marketing themselves.
They are a prime example as to how some games can actually benefit from these exclusive deals.