By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
Runa216 said:

1994, 1995, and 1996 were the best years for the SNES

1994 had Donkey Kong Country, Mega Man X, and Final Fantasy VI

1995 had Donkey Kong Country 2, Mega Man X2, Yoshi's Island, and Chrono Trigger

1996 had Donkey Kong Country 3, Mega Man X3, Kirby super Star and Super Mario RPG

Back when Nintendo actually cared about Donkey Kong. Mario movie appearance and upcoming roller coaster notwithstanding.

That was Rare.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Back when Nintendo actually cared about Donkey Kong. Mario movie appearance and upcoming roller coaster notwithstanding.

That was Rare.

Yeah I was about to say Nintendo themselves haven't touched mainline Donkey Kong since the 80s lol. You had spin-offs like those Jungle Beats games and Donkey Konga, but that's about it. I love both Rare's and Retro's takes on DK. Donkey Kong Country is my personal favorite gaming franchise. 

I miss Rareware Donkey Kong - including DK64.

The Retro DK games are okay but they dont feel like anything like the Rareware SNES/N64 era games - design/visual wise specifically.

Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That was Rare.

On order from Nintendo.

How the fuck does 1-2 Switch have a sequel in 2023 but ARMS doesn't? Did Nintendo smoke crack again?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

How the fuck does 1-2 Switch have a sequel in 2023 but ARMS doesn't? Did Nintendo smoke crack again?

I just hope this weird thing was cheap enough to not have taken much resources away from other games. It probably speaks to some kind of audience.

Leynos said:

Priorities lol

Leynos said:

It would also explain why they didn't bother properly marketing the Wii U or even acknowledge Donkey Kong's 40th anniversary.

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

It would also explain why they didn't bother properly marketing the Wii U or even acknowledge Donkey Kong's 40th anniversary.

They screwed up DK's 40th anniversary.

I would have loved a DKC Trilogy collection with HD remastering and music remix.

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

They screwed up DK's 40th anniversary.

I would have loved a DKC Trilogy collection with HD remastering and music remix.

It's like they really don't care about any of their IPs except Mario, Zelda, Pokemon or Animal Crossing.