By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: Pokemon Crown Tundra out now! Upcoming Patch for 3D-All Stars! UK Black Friday Bundles Revealed!



Around the Network

Strangely the supposed leak of Capcom's files has a Switch exclusive new IP.



Wyrdness said:
Strangely the supposed leak of Capcom's files has a Switch exclusive new IP.

They said it was called guillotine and it will be a timed exclusive.

Btw i am extremely dissapointed on Monster hunter being released on pc on october. How Can this affect the game's sales on the Switch so far? 



heavenmercenary01 said:
Wyrdness said:
Strangely the supposed leak of Capcom's files has a Switch exclusive new IP.

They said it was called guillotine and it will be a timed exclusive.

Btw i am extremely dissapointed on Monster hunter being released on pc on october. How Can this affect the game's sales on the Switch so far? 

Ultimately, it depends on the overlapping. I mean the Switch version is console exclusive so people who owns PC's and wants to wait for better performances then do so. 



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

heavenmercenary01 said:
Wyrdness said:
Strangely the supposed leak of Capcom's files has a Switch exclusive new IP.

They said it was called guillotine and it will be a timed exclusive.

Btw i am extremely dissapointed on Monster hunter being released on pc on october. How Can this affect the game's sales on the Switch so far? 

I doubt it'll have much impact on NS sales tbh as Rise is mainly to recapture the Japanese region as the MH Portable crowd have been left out even with MHW most of the sales were on consoles.



Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
CaptainExplosion said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Crazy idea, don't know if it's been done yet by Nintendo.

All the one-shot first-party NES games (Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, Hogan's Alley, Stack-Up and Gyromite) are grouped together and considered one IP.

...

why

Because at this point there's no way any of them will ever get sequels, and the only way they've stayed relevant is by having Smash Bros. reps.

Relevancy has no bearance on the definition of IP, they're all seperate even if unused at the moment.

I understand, but Nintendo doesn't seem to wanna do anything with them that's not Smash-related.

Look at this:

This is what Ice Climbers could easily be like on Switch, but Nintendo's just not jumping on the idea when it could easily be made into a success.

Last edited by CaptainExplosion - on 16 November 2020

Man, The Touryst is kinda lame. Don't get why so many folks are hyping it up.

I mean, it's okay some of the time, but a lot of sections are just atrocious. (Looking you canoeing, and the platforming on the glowing spheres) It feels like a mishmash of ideas where like 75% of the ideas are good but the other 25% are garbage. Glad I didn't spend money on it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 November 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

CaptainExplosion said:

I understand, but Nintendo doesn't seem to wanna do anything with them that's not Smash-related.

Look at this:

This is what Ice Climbers could easily be like on Switch, but Nintendo's just not jumping on the idea when it could easily be made into a success.

That looks pretty good. Having all levels like that would get boring fast, but a few special ones with similar design would work.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1328654167762735104?s=19&fbclid=IwAR09tNRClwM0WxLs_zaoGnnoUs3qGI0UtFoktI2Itm6leP94XvdPUYw8d7o



curl-6 said:

Man, The Touryst is kinda lame. Don't get why so many folks are hyping it up.

I mean, it's okay some of the time, but a lot of sections are just atrocious. (Looking you canoeing, and the platforming on the glowing spheres) It feels like a mishmash of ideas where like 75% of the ideas are good but the other 25% are garbage. Glad I didn't spend money on it.

Shouldn't surprise you. Remember, I made a thread about it:
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241374/the-touryst-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club