By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Weapon trailers are starting to be posted for Monster Hunter Rise:

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Anyone know if this Christmas level is real?

It has to be. I don't believe Nintendo would make a fake level for a trailer just to troll people. It would be funny though if true .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

CaptainExplosion said:

Anyone know if this Christmas level is real?

Yes, played that level seven years ago. Good old WiiU DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apvg0taI9-Q

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

curl-6 said:

Don't want to overhype as I'm cautiously optimistic but, this is looking like it could end up being in the top 10 or even 5 games on the system. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
curl-6 said:

Don't want to overhype as I'm cautiously optimistic but, this is looking like it could end up being in the top 10 or even 5 games on the system. 

I would whole-heartedly agree; everything they've shown so far seems to me suggests an awesome mix of the series' established strengths with cool new mechanics.

The weapons section of the game's website has 14 slots, so it seems we can expect more videos showcasing each of them to be release in batches of two either daily or weekly from here on out. I'm keen to see the Sword+Shield, Switch Axe, and Insect Glaive in action.

Around the Network

At least this time we'll be heading into the new year with a better idea of what's coming than we did last time.

Atelier Ryza 2 in Jan, Ghost 'n' Goblins Resurrection and Bravely Default II in Feb, Monster Hunter Rise in March, Monster Hunter Stories 2 in (Nth Hemisphere) Summer, among others.

They'd just better not make us wait til September to reveal the year's core lineup next time.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 15 December 2020

curl-6 said:

At least this time we'll be heading into the new year with a better idea of what's coming than we did last time.

Atelier Ryza 2 in Jan, Ghost 'n' Goblins Resurrection and Bravely Default II in Feb, Monster Hunter Rise in March, Monster Hunter Stories 2 in (Nth Hemisphere) Summer, among others.

They'd just better not make us wait til September to reveal the year's core lineup next time.

Hmmm that's an interesting way to think about it. I've always felt like next year was the year we have known the least about so far going into it, but now that you mention it, I guess by pure numbers that actually would be more like this year? It's just, we knew about Xenoblade Chronicles HD and Animal Crossing New Horizons, core titles from Nintendo that just seemed to be a big part of that meat. We know very little about what Nintendo is actually making, I guess, next year. 

Also that Ghost N' Goblins game kind of looks like doo doo.

curl-6 said:

Hmmm that's an interesting way to think about it. I've always felt like next year was the year we have known the least about so far going into it, but now that you mention it, I guess by pure numbers that actually would be more like this year? It's just, we knew about Xenoblade Chronicles HD and Animal Crossing New Horizons, core titles from Nintendo that just seemed to be a big part of that meat. We know very little about what Nintendo is actually making, I guess, next year. 

Ghost 'n' Goblins isn't for me, but my brother who loves the SNES games is super hyped for it.

Difference I guess is I never gave a shit about animal crossing or old ports like Xenoblade.

Birth month is whichever Switch game you are in:

Anyone up for a Splatfest?

curl-6 said:

I think the pop-up book art style makes it look like it cost 50 bucks to develop, but I think the gameplay looks fun. Im just happy the series isnt dead.