By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's amazing how people can plow through so many games, I'm so bad at clearing my backlog lol.

I recently finished Tears of the Kingdom though! I found it really enjoyable overall and that at its best it's better than Breath of the Wild, but there were some very frustrating things that the game had which did not exist in BoTW.

Otherwise. I'm playing FFXVI on PS5. Nearly done with that as well, just in time to maybe finish Pikmin 3 before 4 released in a few weeks.

Around the Network
Raven said:

It's amazing how people can plow through so many games, I'm so bad at clearing my backlog lol.

I recently finished Tears of the Kingdom though! I found it really enjoyable overall and that at its best it's better than Breath of the Wild, but there were some very frustrating things that the game had which did not exist in BoTW.

Otherwise. I'm playing FFXVI on PS5. Nearly done with that as well, just in time to maybe finish Pikmin 3 before 4 released in a few weeks.

I'm not any better though at completing my backlog lol.

Takes me months to finish certain games and some years.

For an example - I started Smash Bros Melee (replay) back in 2020 but only finished it earlier this year).

Another example is my KH marathon - I specifically started with KH 1.5+2.5 on PS4 - back in 2018 and I barely got to the last game (BBS) just now.

As for ToTK - I already have the game but I'm planning to play it later more likely after my 2nd playthrough of BotW.

FFXVI I plan to get later this year for sure.

Man this year has so many amazing hitters - FFXVI, Zelda ToTK and then the console versions of FF Pixel Remasters which are the definitive versions imo due to its QoL features - and upcoming Super Mario RPG and Super Mario Bros Wonder which I'm so super hyped for.

I try to go through some games as slowly as I can so that my enjoyment of them lasts longer.

Argh, I'm still not finished with my late spring backlog with TOTK and Kirby's Return to Dreamland DX before I can touch other horizons ... But planning on diversifiying some games next with Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Master Detective Archives and whatever from backlog I feel like after 😆

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Aaaand just beat FFXVI. Guess Pikmin 3 is up next.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
BasilZero said:

Played Super Mario World on NSO.

I decided to try out Super Mario World since that was my first game ever.

I was confused at first when I saw all the levels were unlocked and I had 99 lives - until I realized I selected the "Special" version.

Started on the regular version and having a blast lol.

Damn, I love Super Mario World - this is like...I dont even know how many playthroughs it has been, pretty sure its been over 15 now.

As much as I dislike that I can't individually purchase these titles, especially now that all digital purchase are FINALLY tied to your Nintendo Account, I can't help but fall back in love with gaming again with NSO. I was playing the DKC trilogy, Mario & Luigi, Goldeneye, Pokémon Stadium, and all the Zelda games earlier this year and it shot back all the emotions I had back in the day as a kid playing these games. Something about these games will always resonate with me. 

I can't wait till my daughter is old enough for me to show her these games. 

It's always morally okay to pirate Nintendo games. 

If they don't give you the option to buy it and support the devs, then that's on them. I have had a pack of 790 SNES Roms and an emulator since like 2003 or something and I've been adding to the pack as I go, updating as needed. You can play them on your phone with one of those 8bitdo controllers. 

I'd happily purchase these games (and regularly have via stuff like the Mega Man X Legacy collection and SNES Classic, etc), but if they don't want me to buy them I won't. Too bad for them. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Is it just me or was Athens Dash and Vancouver Velocity the best tracks in the Mario Kart 8 booster pass 5?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Is it just me or was Athens Dash and Vancouver Velocity the best tracks in the Mario Kart 8 booster pass 5?

It's just you. As usual, the Tour tracks are the worst of the bunch. Nintendo knows this, which is why each lap is a different route. That way it's less apparent how mediocre the overall course design is. It's a lot like the Wuhu tracks in Mario Kart 7.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:

It's just you. As usual, the Tour tracks are the worst of the bunch. Nintendo knows this, which is why each lap is a different route. That way it's less apparent how mediocre the overall course design is. It's a lot like the Wuhu tracks in Mario Kart 7.

Mario Kart Tour was a mistake.

RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:

Each lap being different is what makes them fun to me.