By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:

The Princess Peach game has my interest, I like the framing device of it being a stage play. Too early to say much based on how little we saw, but good to see a first party game slated for 2024. I wonder who is behind it; whether it's EPD or one of their partners.

When I saw the curtains I thought it was gonna be a remake of Super Mario Bros. 3. XD

Around the Network

I finally beat "The Legend of Zelda" for the NES.

That final dungeon was hell - I really hate Wizzrobes

Anyways, the final boss - Ganon was....really easy lol. Took me a few seconds.

I'm not gonna do the Second Quest...I'm gonna just go on and play a new game lol.

---

Edit: I scored the game based upon what I played in the whole series.

The Legend of Zelda (NES): 72
The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past (SNES): 91
The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past (GBA): 92
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS): 93
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS): 100
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D (3DS): 97
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (GCN): N/A
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii): 96
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (3DS): 94
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU): 99
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition (3DS): 78
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS): 74

Last edited by BasilZero - on 26 June 2023

What are some other Super NES games that should be remade like Super Mario RPG?

CaptainExplosion said:

What are some other Super NES games that should be remade like Super Mario RPG?

Chrono Trigger (2D-HD)

Dragon Quest V (proper remake, not DQ5 DS)

Final Fantasy VI (3D remake)

Breath of Fire I/II (Remaster collection)

Soul Blazer (like Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean Second Evolution R)

Illusion of Gaia (like Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean Second Evolution R)

Terranigma (like Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean Second Evolution R)

Paladin's Quest (like Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean Second Evolution R)

E.V.O. Search for Eden (like Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean Second Evolution R)

Yoshi's Island (like Crafted World/Woolly World type visual style or a 3D style in the form of MK8D Yoshi's Island visuals)

Star Fox (3d remake)

I would have said Seiken Densetsu 3 but it got remade as Trials of Mana (Full 3D remake) and I loved it.

Chrono Trigger is the biggest suspect of them all to finally some type of remake. Ideally, HD-2D would be neat.

Terranigma would also be quite the choice to make.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I wanna see an HD fully 3D remake of the Donkey Kong Country trilogy. It worked for Crash Bandicoot.

My 3 month free NSO code that I got when I bought my Switch back in 2020 still works.

Guess I'll try out some NSO games and get vouchers for both Super Mario RPG and Super Mario Bros Wonder.

Interestingly, it turns out Pikmin 4 is made using Unreal Engine 4, rather than Nintendo's in-house tech.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-rare-move-for-nintendo-pikmin-4-reportedly-uses-unreal-engine/1100-6515335/

I wonder if this could signal Nintendo shifting away from using their own proprietary engines for first party software.

curl-6 said:

Interestingly, it turns out Pikmin 4 is made using Unreal Engine 4, rather than Nintendo's in-house tech.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-rare-move-for-nintendo-pikmin-4-reportedly-uses-unreal-engine/1100-6515335/

I wonder if this could signal Nintendo shifting away from using their own proprietary engines for first party software.

Metroid Prime was on a customized version of UE, Yoshi's Crafted World also was on UE it's something they've been exploring for some time I think as far back as the WiiU they indicated looking into UE to speed up development and output for certain titles.

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

Metroid Prime was on a customized version of UE, Yoshi's Crafted World also was on UE it's something they've been exploring for some time I think as far back as the WiiU they indicated looking into UE to speed up development and output for certain titles.

The difference is that Crafted World was developed by an external studio, Good Feel, not Nintendo themselves, while Pikmin 4 appears to be internally developed.

Prime uses RUDE, Retro's in-house engine.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 July 2023