By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theRepublic said:
gtotheunit91 said:

This trailer wasn't part of the Direct

Hmm.  I picked up the Wii versions of both 1 and 2 on the Wii U eshop before it closed.  I wonder if that was a mistake.  They still pretty much look like the GameCube originals, so I guess I saved 10 bucks that way.

Unless you're a fan of physical collection. That drops September 22nd. 

I'm guessing resolution, controls, and framerate were the only changes made. Then again, Pikmin 3 Deluxe on Switch didn't made any changes to resolution or framerate lol so who knows

Around the Network

I wanna know more about the new Princess Peach game.

JWeinCom said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well, this confirms me one thing: the Switch 2 is coming 2025. They must be saving the big games for the next system.

Why 25? Based on the output here, I'd say 2024 is more likely.

I'm thinking something like the release of the Switch, between march and april, to have sales and strong releases all year long. So when christmas comes, there's a decent backlog already.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
JWeinCom said:

Why 25? Based on the output here, I'd say 2024 is more likely.

I'm thinking something like the release of the Switch, between march and april, to have sales and strong releases all year long. So when christmas comes, there's a decent backlog already.

It would certainly be the better strategy.

Yeah, this Direct confirms that at least the new console is a no-go for the first half of 2024. They confirmed already 2 games coming for that year with the new Peach game and the remaster of Luigi's Mansion 2.

As for the Direct itself, I'd say the first was kind of meh but they got the announcement for the remake of Super Mario RPG going, it became much better.
We also got the 2nd Detective Pikachu game which I'm quite excited for, a beautiful remake of Star Ocean Second Story which I never played before but might as well at some point.

To top it of, we finally got Nintendo's big holiday title with Super Mario Wonder which looking quite zany and more expressive than the late New series.
Fact we're getting more characters to play as is great too !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Yeah, this Direct confirms that at least the new console is a no-go for the first half of 2024. They confirmed already 2 games coming for that year with the new Peach game and the remaster of Luigi's Mansion 2.

As for the Direct itself, I'd say the first was kind of meh but they got the announcement for the remake of Super Mario RPG going, it became much better.
We also got the 2nd Detective Pikachu game which I'm quite excited for, a beautiful remake of Star Ocean Second Story which I never played before but might as well at some point.

To top it of, we finally got Nintendo's big holiday title with Super Mario Wonder which looking quite zany and more expressive than the late New series.
Fact we're getting more characters to play as is great too !

I hope that the new Peach game is as good or even better than Super Princess Peach.

I like how Super Mario Bros. Wonder has an old-timey cartoon feel to it. ^^

CaptainExplosion said:

I wanna know more about the new Princess Peach game.

Me too, it looked nice. Sorry for being rude earlier. Didn't mean it in a bad way.

Great event.

Loved a lot of the announcements.

Excited for Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros Wonder, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Remaster

I'll get Star Ocean and Metal Gear Solid eventually on Switch but first on PC.

The Princess Peach game has my interest, I like the framing device of it being a stage play. Too early to say much based on how little we saw, but good to see a first party game slated for 2024. I wonder who is behind it; whether it's EPD or one of their partners.

The Arkham trilogy caught my eye in that it will be intriguing see how well the Switch handles Arkham Knight, which remains a graphically stunning game to this day on PS/Xbox. Still, we've seen plenty of impossible ports on Switch before.

Not a whole lot for me at this Direct, but I got a new 2D Mario that's not shackled to the NSMB style, so I'm happy.

After this Direct, I feel a lot more confidant about Nintendo meeting or exceeding their 15m forecast for this fiscal year.