By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well, they dropped this trailer just now, guess it won't be in tomorrow morning's Direct.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I've heard rumors about new Fire Emblem remake

I know it sounds like an overkill, but Engage is almost dead and seemed like a rushed release with all DLC waves coming in less than two months

I just hope they announce something to interest me, a third party perhaps. I've bought the cupom to get TOTK, but there is nothing else on Switch that interests me as at this point every game I wanted I have bought it already. I just don't want to lose my purchase...

Engage was finished in 2021. Nothing was rushed about it.

I don't think it was rushed, I just think it wasn't that great an idea in the first place and basically a step back for the franchise. Would've been better if they claimed it was only some side project rather than a full entry for the series. As a unique title to celebrate the legacy of Fire Emblem it's not all too bad, but as the next entry in the franchise it was a regression in almost every sense, other than graphical performance.

CaptainExplosion said:

Well, they dropped this trailer just now, guess it won't be in tomorrow morning's Direct.

They'll have a trunked version of the trailer is my guess.

They've done the whole showing trailers before Direct but then shows it in the Direct schtick times before.

Same for the Baiten Kaitos Remaster trailer we just had. They gonna show it too there

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Cautiously optimistic for the upcoming Direct.
With Nintendo's release schedule blank after Pikmin, it stands to reason at least one new first party title will be announced, and there's a good chance we'll also see the next wave of the MK8 Booster Course Pass and the Splatoon 3 expansion.
TOTK DLC is also a distinct possibility, though if it's there I hope it's better than the somewhat lakclustre DLC for BOTW and gives us a new area to explore instead of just new shrines.

The elephant in the room is Metroid Prime 4; it's now four a half years since it was announced as being rebooted under Retro, so surely it should be getting close to finished by now. After the embarrassment of having to start over, I expect they'll want to wait until they're sure it won't be delayed again before unveiling it, so maybe we'll see it in September for an early 2024 release. Still, this is the first time in years that I feel we have a decent chance of seeing it.

N64 Online Update, Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD, TOTK DLC, Pikmin 4, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Expansion Pass

Fire Emblem Remake, GB+GBA Online Update, New DK Platformer, New Amiibo, Metroid Prime 4 news

Everybody 1-2 Switch, Splatoon 3 DLC, FREE SPACE, Pokemon S/V DLC, Persona 3 Reload

New 3D Mario in development, Fire Emblem Engage DLC, Miyamoto + Illumination announce Mario Movie sequel, GameCube Online Reveal, Animal Crossing DLC

Nintendo Switch Sports DLC, New 2D Mario game, Mario Movie themed Switch OLED, Indie Reel, Major 3rd Party publisher unveils new Switch game

Some of these, I was just trying to fill the card. 

See y'all at 7 AM, bright and early!

Around the Network

Made my bingo card as well.

I don't think I put too much outlandish predictions and stuff in there but it's gonna be amusing enough 😁

Edit: The Dacapolice and Free space should be swapped lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Very conservative predictions:

- Pikmin 4 info
- New game from Square Enix
- New musou game from Koei Tecmo
- Some more NSO games
- Next football game from EA (not FIFA anymore, forgot how they call it now)
- Next wave for Mario Kart 8
- DLC for TotK

Not expecting anything crazy now that the switch has entered its twilight years. But hopefully we get some solid announcements to fill out the year after pikmin 4.

I'm expecting a nice 2D Mario Swansong.

Prepare to be disappointed again my F-Zero and Metroid bros.

I don't know what to expect, but then again, my backlog is clogged with unplayed games, so I'm not in a hurry.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.