By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
BasilZero said:
Pemalite said:

Just a quick one... The SNES classic turned 6 just a few days ago.

Time flies fast.

I mean ... it has to.

We can't always be stuck in a timeframe for long. Such is the objective experience of time.

Though, this just reminds me that I didn't bought one ... and now I should prolly buy the SNES NSO controller because I really want the original controller feel in my hands while playing these 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I LOVE how they're doing this. A big part of my enjoyment of classic games is the way the music sounded. Now I'll get to play Super Mario RPG the way I thought the game looked graphically as a kid with that same amazing music

Yay!! ^^ Wish the Donkey Kong Country trilogy got this kind of treatment.

Oh man, this is pain.......probably my biggest gaming wish. 

curl-6 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I refuse to call them Boomer Shooters lol I'll forever call them Arena Shooters. It is a pretty big genre these days though. Arena Shooters definitely don't hold up today to modern shooters, so it's great that developers have chosen to perfect the formulas of old rather than forcing to modernize them ala Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal. If there was any 1 arena shooter franchise that would make it in today's gaming world, it would be Doom. 

There's several other notable Arena Shooters on Switch like Dusk, Warhammer 40K: Boltgun, Ion Fury (and its upcoming sequel Phantom Fury), and the Quake remasters. 

Nightdive Studios in particular has been remastering a lot of these old games too. They're currently working on a remaster of Star Wars Dark Forces that will be available on Switch at launch. Really looking forward to that one! Despite being a "Doom clone" that game actually invented the concept of looking up and down in your FPS games  

Dusk was amazing, one of the best shooters of recent years; the Switch port was stellar as well, near flawless 1080p/60fps.

Warhammer 40K Boltgun was fun too, and Prodeus kicked arse. Really looking forward to both Phantom Fury and Turbo Overkill, both of which are coming to Switch. These games tend to fit Nintendo's system well since their graphics are intentionally dated and so tend to come across nicely.

I really appreciate what Night Dive studios has done with Turok and now Star Wars Dark Forces. ^^

81 stars in 12 hours for Super Mario 64.

Shifting Sand Land was such a pain lol - hated that level so much.

Still...Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride, not excited to play those levels again lol

Edit: Got all the stars (including the 100 coin stars) for....

Bo-omb Battle Field
Whomp's Fortress
Jolly Roger's Bay
Cool, Cool Mountain
Big Boo's Haunt
Hazy Maze Cave
Lethal Lava Land
Shifting Sand Land
Dire, Dire Docks

Also got all of the secret stars except for the last one in the clock tower.

Borderlands 3 out now on Switch
https://gonintendo.com/contents/26887-borderlands-3-ultimate-edition-now-available-on-switch

Around the Network

100 Stars at 15 hours now in Super Mario 64 (NS)

Almost done with Tiny Huge Island - finished Snowman's Land, Wet Dry World and Tall Tall Mountain today.

Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow Ride are the ones left now and...its my least favorite part of SM64 lol.

Edit: Stopped at 109 stars. Not gonna bother doing Rainbow Ride lmao

Last edited by BasilZero - on 19 October 2023

Figured I'd post this here since it's not really worthy of a whole thread until more sources corroborate the info:

A leaker over on Discord (who apparently has a pretty good track record) put out a new leak about Nintendo's next console. Say the internal codename for is NG, final name isn't known yet. Says Nintendo is planning for a September 2024 release, but has a placeholder in November 2024 as well (presumably in case they need to delay). Says the system has 2 SKU's planned, standard for $450, digital only for $400.

shikamaru317 said:

Figured I'd post this here since it's not really worthy of a whole thread until more sources corroborate the info:

A leaker over on Discord (who apparently has a pretty good track record) put out a new leak about Nintendo's next console. Say the internal codename for is NG, final name isn't known yet. Says Nintendo is planning for a September 2024 release, but has a placeholder in November 2024 as well (presumably in case they need to delay). Says the system has 2 SKU's planned, standard for $450, digital only for $400.

That sounds awful. Hopefully none of it is true.

Pemalite said:

Just a quick one... The SNES classic turned 6 just a few days ago.

And for some reason, Nintendo won't make

An Game Boy/Game Boy Color Classic

An Nintendo 64 Classic

An Game Boy Advance Classic

All of those things would print money.

Shoot, a GameCube Classic would print a lot of money. The problem is that the games are hundreds of megabytes and some up to 1.5 GB. Nintendo would probably have to put in at least 32 GB of flash memory. 8 GB wouldn't cut it at all. 

And a Wii Classic would run into similar problems, in addition to the Wii Remote being costlier than Nintendo would want to deal with. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

KLXVER said:
shikamaru317 said:

That sounds awful. Hopefully none of it is true.

I agree that it doesn't sound great, but honestly, it sounds plausible to me. Breaking the leak down into 3 parts:

Release date- September release sounds plausible, Nintendo's own forecasts for this fiscal year (which ends in March) suggest no Switch 2 on this fiscal year, so release would be in April 2024 at the soonest. 

Price-The specs that have formerly leaked out would seem to put Switch 2's specs somewhere around Steam Deck, and Steam Deck is $400 for the basic model, $530 if you want an SSD, so the pricing of $400-450 sounds about right to me for those leaked specs. While it would be nice for we consumers if Nintendo would sell the hardware at a loss, like they once would have, Nintendo just doesn't do that anymore. Switch 1 staying at $300 all gen is evidence of that, Nintendo wants to profit on hardware sales too, not lose money on hardware like the old days.

2 SKU's physical and digital- Again this seems plausible to me. The details that leaked out from Nintendo's behind closed doors Gamescom demo said that the Switch 2 games they showed had very fast load times. That suggests Switch 2 has an internal SSD with pretty fast speeds. If Switch 2's internal storage is that fast, that presents Nintendo with a pretty big problem for physical cartridges, cartridges that match the speed of the internal SSD are going to be pretty pricey. So Nintendo will be wanting to push as many gamers as possible toward digital since they'll probably be spending like $8-10 per cartridge or something like that, cutting into their profit margin. Digital profit margin is already much higher than physical even with cheap to print discs on consoles like Xbox and Playstation, but the profit margin gap between physical and digital is going to be even larger when high-speed carts are being used for physical games. Offering a cheaper digital SKU is a good way to push more gamers toward digital gaming and help cut down on those physical profit losses.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 06 October 2023