By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kakadu18 said:
Mar1217 said:

We should call out the ridiculous FOMO tactic employed by Take Two hoping people will shell out the new AAA standard money release instead of the wooooping 149 bucks later on !

You're talking about the collection that isn't even coming to Switch.

Nintendo's guilty of FOMOing customers too. Super Mario 3D All-Stars, anyone?

Around the Network

If the leaks are true and that ff7r is running on switch with levels of quality equivalent to a ps5 then it's minimum 399 usd

Game Progression from September 1st and prior

Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) - Loving this game so much, best DQ game I've played so far. Lv 46 average throughout the party. I already recruited the extra characters exclusive to the 3DS version. 67 hours in and wanting more!

Super Mario 3D All Stars (NS) - collected all the special caps (Metal, Winged and Invisible), got 55 stars at 7 hours.

Pokemon Sword (NS) - I finished the main story and the main story for the DLC expansions. Just playing through Dynamax Adventures. My Pokemon part is around lv 75-80. 60 hours in

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - put on hold, doing 150cc races now. 17 hours in

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (NS) - put on hold, doing World of Light story mode. 35 hours in.

I finished Super Mario World (this is like my 20+ time playing the game across SNES, GBA, and now NSO) via NSO - the next game I'll play off of NSO will be Kirby's Dream Course but that will be later in the year (likely closer to the holidays since I want to finish up what I am playing now so I'll have more time to play Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros Wonder and eventually FFXVI (PS5) ).

Started up Hitman 3 on my Switch again after like a year or more and found out that when they changed it to Hitman - World of Assassination I now automatically own Hitman 2, which I hadn't bought yet (I already bought the first game previously). They basically gave me a game for free that they were asking 70€ for previously.
And there are so many new missions. For some I would need the deluxe edition but so many others have been added for no additional cost.
This is awesome!

BasilZero said:

Game Progression from September 1st and prior

Dragon Quest VIII (3DS) - Loving this game so much, best DQ game I've played so far. Lv 46 average throughout the party. I already recruited the extra characters exclusive to the 3DS version. 67 hours in and wanting more!

Super Mario 3D All Stars (NS) - collected all the special caps (Metal, Winged and Invisible), got 55 stars at 7 hours.

Pokemon Sword (NS) - I finished the main story and the main story for the DLC expansions. Just playing through Dynamax Adventures. My Pokemon part is around lv 75-80. 60 hours in

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) - put on hold, doing 150cc races now. 17 hours in

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (NS) - put on hold, doing World of Light story mode. 35 hours in.

I finished Super Mario World (this is like my 20+ time playing the game across SNES, GBA, and now NSO) via NSO - the next game I'll play off of NSO will be Kirby's Dream Course but that will be later in the year (likely closer to the holidays since I want to finish up what I am playing now so I'll have more time to play Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Bros Wonder and eventually FFXVI (PS5) ).

Kirby's Dream Course is super fun if you haven't played it before. Really underrated little game. 

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Kirby's Dream Course is super fun if you haven't played it before. Really underrated little game. 

I've played it before - beaten it at least twice (one time as a rental during the 1990s and one time sometime in the early 2000s).

Short and sweet game.

Finished Pokemon Sword for the Nintendo Switch - 62 hours

I give it a 90 out of 100.

+Changes to story progression and the new region were great
+UI and gameplay were great (minus Dynamax)
+Post-Game DLC expansions were a nice addition and I had way more fun with the DLC than the base game

-Resolution/framerate dropped and it was pretty obvious, played the entire time docked but it was noticeable
-Dynamax battles were a chore, especially if you only had AI allies
-A lot of pokemon missing/no national dex

I still had a lot of fun (aside from Dynamax battles).

In comparison to the rest of the series I played and finished....

Pokemon Red (GBC): N/A
Pokemon Blue (GBC): N/A
Pokemon Yellow (GBC): 91
Pokemon Gold (GB): N/A
Pokemon Silver (GB): N/A
Pokemon Crystal (GBC): 94
Pokemon Ruby (GBA): N/A
Pokemon Emerald (GBA): 94
Pokemon Diamond (DS): N/A
Pokemon White (DS): 98
Pokemon White 2 (DS): 93
Pokemon X (3DS): 94
Pokemon Sun (3DS): 93
Pokemon Ultra Sun (3DS): 95
Pokemon Sword (NS): 90
Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS): 96
Pokemon Trading Card Game (GB): N/A
Pokemon Snap (N64): N/A
Pokemon Stadium (N64): N/A
Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64): N/A

Last edited by BasilZero - on 05 September 2023

At least it's not glitchy like Scarlet and Violet.

CaptainExplosion said:

At least it's not glitchy like Scarlet and Violet.

I actually got both Scarlet and Violet lol

I should play and see how it goes...

So, I just beat Pandora's Tower (Wii) and I'm pretty impressed at how solid it was. It always looked like the least interesting of the Operation Rainfall games, but it passed my expectations by quite a bit (and I'd probably put it above Last Story, but I haven't played Last Story in years). If I had to describe it, I'd say it is kind of like a bunch of Twilight Princess hookshot dungeons with a bigger focus on combat than puzzles. Some of the bosses are pretty killer (although there are a few I hate) and the game was a lot of fun to play. There's definitely stuff holding it back, but if that description sounds interesting to you and you can find it for a decent price, I'd definitely recommend it!