By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Dulfite said:
Wyrdness said:

PG are a studio who are more suited to being second party if anything.

How about this then?

Nintendo, MS, and Sony each own 33%. They make second party exclusives for all three companies to be exclusive to their device. Basically what they do now, but with financial support from the Big three, who get exclusives and extra profit margins from them. Win, win, win.

Utopia

Around the Network

Nintendo just announced the practical shutdowns of the Wii U and 3DS eShops due March of 2023. Pretty understandable in regards to Wii U, but I personally would've let the 3DS live a little longer.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Nintendo just announced the practical shutdowns of the Wii U and 3DS eShops due March of 2023. Pretty understandable in regards to Wii U, but I personally would've let the 3DS live a little longer.

Wait, the complete shutdown? Not just inability to add credits cards? Because they did that not too long ago, but allow you to add funds to a Nintendo account (via PC or Switch) and then use those funds on Wii U/3ds. That's how I bought Super Mario RPG in 2021.

If they are preventing any purchases through the eshops on those platforms that is very interesting to me and makes me wonder if they plan to have most, if not all, of the Wii U eshop games available on Switch by March 2023.

Dulfite said:
Metallox said:

Wait, the complete shutdown? Not just inability to add credits cards? Because they did that not too long ago, but allow you to add funds to a Nintendo account (via PC or Switch) and then use those funds on Wii U/3ds. That's how I bought Super Mario RPG in 2021.

If they are preventing any purchases through the eshops on those platforms that is very interesting to me and makes me wonder if they plan to have most, if not all, of the Wii U eshop games available on Switch by March 2023.

What you say in your first paragraph will happen sooner. eShop cards will stop working in August and, with that, it will become impossible to buy games in either system. Download codes will keep working until March of 2023. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Wow, happy I got everything I wanted last year.

Kakadu18 said:

Wow, happy I got everything I wanted last year.

I need to buy a 3DS ASAP before Fire Emblem (Echoes SV) and SMT games for less than 50 dollars are lost to time. 

I'm OK with Wii U, most of its games were ported anyway

3DS games will be mostly gone forever and since Nintendo is only now putting N64 games on emulation I'm expecting 3DS games to be playable again in 2045

Edit: I'm considering buying a second hand 2DS now, I will see if I can find one, cannot be that hard to find 

Uh didn't think they'd kill the 3DS eShop this soon, not the Vita's and the PS3's stores outlasting it.

Gonna have to look at a list of Virtual Console games to see what interests me before it gets completely shutdown. Also, a shame that the DLC for so many games won't be available anymore.

Digital sales on those two platforms are about to suddenly go up.