By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

How do you know it's special if you haven't seen the movie yet?

I know it from fan reactions and from people who saw the premiere.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.

Other people's opinions are right when they align with what you want, and wrong when they don't.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I know it from fan reactions and from people who saw the premiere.

Other people's opinions are right when they align with what you want, and wrong when they don't.

They're right when they've gotten their facts straight.

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

They're right when they've gotten their facts straight.

Duly noted.

I've been reading praise towards the animation, characters, and action, and huge criticism towards the overly simplistic story. I mean.....if you're expecting some well thought out narrative about the Mario Brothers.....idk what to tell you as long as the movie is entertaining and fun, I'll be happy. So far, at least from audience scores, that does seem to be the case. 

gtotheunit91 said:

I've been reading praise towards the animation, characters, and action, and huge criticism towards the overly simplistic story. I mean.....if you're expecting some well thought out narrative about the Mario Brothers.....idk what to tell you as long as the movie is entertaining and fun, I'll be happy. So far, at least from audience scores, that does seem to be the case. 

Audience scores matter more because they're the ones most movies are made for, not stuck up art house snobs who only appreciate pretentious European movies that nobody else will see.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Audience scores matter more because they're the ones most movies are made for, not stuck up art house snobs who only appreciate pretentious European movies that nobody else will see.

Some of the highest rated movies of the past year on RT are John Wick, Puss in Boots, and Top Gun. Not exactly my definition of "pretentious art house European movies that nobody else will see".

Funny enough, none of these franchises are known for having incredibly deep and complex plots.

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Some of the highest rated movies of the past year on RT are John Wick, Puss in Boots, and Top Gun. Not exactly my definition of "pretentious art house European movies that nobody else will see".

Funny enough, none of these franchises are known for having incredibly deep and complex plots.

Puss in Boots The Last Wish says Hi.

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

I say Hi back. Your point?

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It had a more complex story than most films in it's franchise.

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

It had a more complex story than most films in it's franchise.

True, and it's still a rather simple story. Proof that simple stories can be great, when infused with deep themes and strong characters.

Either way it's what I said, the franchise is not known for having complex plots. No one went into Puss in Boots expecting a riveting storyline, much in the same way they don't expect that from Mario. So the problem isn't that it has a simple story.