By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo: eShop Charts 12/26, NA 2020 Playtime Report

Nintendo acquires Next Level Games - Gematsu

NIIIIIICEEEE

It's funny - hearing about how much it was "inevitably better for Nintendo to keep third party partners third party for creative reasons rather than acquire them and risk having developers leave" ... only for them to acquire a developer who basically pledged allegiance to Nintendo already and was in no way going out of business or in financial trouble .... Well, shows that times are changing and Nintendo probably should acquire some of their partners  

Around the Network

Wyrdness said:

I wonder if this is when they'll announce the demo/beta that is supposed to come out this month. I'm eagerly anticipating it! I feel like I can't wait .... I reallyyyy want to know how this performs on Switch

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Wyrdness said:

I wonder if this is when they'll announce the demo/beta that is supposed to come out this month. I'm eagerly anticipating it! I feel like I can't wait .... I reallyyyy want to know how this performs on Switch

Hope that the Demo does well honestly. Everybody is waiting in the corner to spit (once again) at the switch's performance and its unworthyness of acquiering major AAA franchises. a big MHW community that discovered MH with world and iceborn are extremely pissed off that rise was developped for the switch exclusively. They won't miss the chance to dig holes everywhere for the game if it happens to have frequent framerate drops and other graphical issues.

Hope the portable team did a good optimisation job to keep things at 30fps and acceptable graphics while keeping gameplay as enjoyable as ever.

I love this

Around the Network

Help, I just finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps and probably spoiled the rest of the year due to it being awesome !!

Now to be stuck listening the title screen music for the next hour ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Help, I just finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps and probably spoiled the rest of the year due to it being awesome !!

I just finished it on stream and now have the title screen on indefinitely lol.

You know I don't hate talking about this game, so if you want to, I'm here. Just, uhh, maybe best to talk about it somewhere else where people won't get spoiled.

mZuzek said:
Mar1217 said:

I just finished it on stream and now have the title screen on indefinitely lol.

You know I don't hate talking about this game, so if you want to, I'm here. Just, uhh, maybe best to talk about it somewhere else where people won't get spoiled.

Thanks :) Though, it is fine. I ain't gonna spoil anything here. Still, I was weary of being missing out on the plot line so I watched a playtrough of the first game to bath myself into it's universe. It was nice, but I could honestly see what it could improve going into it's sequel. Combat mechanics, locomotion options, side activities, broading the active cast.

Immediately into the game, aside from the OH-MY-GOD visuals, you can sincerely see the devs wanting the player to feel in controls of the options he's given. Progress is done by rewarding thorough exploration with useful skills and features a vastly better economy than the pseudo-RPG mechanics the predecessor had. Combat is now a fun aspect of the experience whilst the first one was basically a "mash X button to win". Mixing up the escape platforming sequences with actual boss battles is also great.

The soundtrack is also a good atmospheric banger (and can actually change into more dynamic pieces).

Also, I don't play a lot of Metroidvania's style of games but after having great times with Samus Returns, this and probably Hollow Knight next, I might find myself becoming an appreciative of the genre ^^

Seriously, I might have begun the year too strong which such a game haha xD

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I still have Will of the Wisps waiting in the wings for when I'm done with Immortals, Sniper Elite 4, etc.

I'm really looking forward to it but I also like to have a nice long break between playing games in the same series and I just wrapped up Blind Forest a few months back. (It was excellent, even if it had be tearing my hair out at times)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

This opinion might be no good , but I feel Nintendo could probably get Level 5 ? The makers of ni no kuni, yokai watch and professor layton ? So , far Level 5 only made 1 game for console in entire 2020 , Level 5 fired many employees and need help their only game they released in 2020 was yo kai watch I think it undersold? IDK about Ni no Kuni dev? but Level 5 seems to be in trouble would hate for them to go bankrupt .

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber