By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Saw the 2nd trailer. It was pretty good, though I'm still not very convinced with Chris Pratt as Mario. He doesn't sound horrible though, which I guess is better than the alternative of a really bad voice making the movie unwatchable or something.

Around the Network

I have a feeling Nintendo is a nightmare to work with on these things. I mean they made the animators of Wreck-It-Ralph change the animation on Bowser because they said "Thats not how Bowser would hold the cup" And he was in it for like seconds. A 90 minute movie must be crazy. I think theres a reason why we havent heard much from anyone at Illumination. lol

Finished Pokemon Scarlet last night. Loved it. Performance issues sucked but nowhere near enough to overtake all the joy I was feeling from top to bottom. Loved exploring, loved the open world style, loved completing the dex, loved the soundtrack (Underrated gem, if you ask me), loved the endgame plot once it kicked in (The final fight was EPIC). Loved like 95% of it. the framerate dips weren't great and I do wish the badges/activities scaled with you instead of basically forcing you on a path, but still damn good.

Loved it. Worth forgiving the issues for all the great it did.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I feel like 2022 might just be the Switch's best year.

While it lacked that one game that dominates the conversation like BOTW in 2017 or Smash Ultimate in 2018, the sheer quantity of excellent releases is arguably greater than any previous year; Xenoblade 3, Bayonetta 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, 13 Sentinels, Splatoon 3, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, It Takes Two, Nier Automata, Prodeus, FIST Forged in Shadow Torch...

After the lean years of the Wii U it's like being locked in a candy store overnight.

I really hope they fix more technical issues.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

If you mean Pokemon, then yeah I agree. The technical issues are really unfortunate as the game itself has been really enjoyable and I have enjoyed the three route storyline they introduced, along with the characters, and soundtrack which are both pretty high tier for the series. I don't expect groundbreaking changes but getting rid of the bugs, pop-in, and some of those awful frame drops would go a long way.

Raven said:
CaptainExplosion said:

If you mean Pokemon, then yeah I agree. The technical issues are really unfortunate as the game itself has been really enjoyable and I have enjoyed the three route storyline they introduced, along with the characters, and soundtrack which are both pretty high tier for the series. I don't expect groundbreaking changes but getting rid of the bugs, pop-in, and some of those awful frame drops would go a long way.

I think these games were Christmas rushed.

CaptainExplosion said:
Raven said:

Probably, which doesn't really make sense since they could have used Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl's fall 2021 release to buy them time until this holiday to release Pokemon Arceus, and then have an entire extra year to polish Scarlet and Violet for holiday 2023. There really was no big need to rush a new gen just yet.

Raven said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Probably, which doesn't really make sense since they could have used Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl's fall 2021 release to buy them time until this holiday to release Pokemon Arceus, and then have an entire extra year to polish Scarlet and Violet for holiday 2023. There really was no big need to rush a new gen just yet.

Especially when there are likely lots of people still playing Gen 8.

I think the thing that bugs me the most is that I found Arceus way worse for performance issues that made that game unplayable. I actually never got around to beating it because after like 5 hours I just couldn't do it anymore.

Still praised the hell outta the game, for doing what it did and doing it well. No need to go on a rant just because it didn't appeal to me and I couldn't get over the performance issues.

Scarlet/Violet, however, I didn't find the glitches all that bad. Inconvenient and unpleasant to a small degree but I did already put 130+ hours into Scarlet and I finished the living dex there, so that's nice.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android