By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Switch Third Party Society - 100% Fully Updated to December 8th!

DreadPirateRoberts said:
From the Direct footage alone, I wasn't impressed with how Cities Skyline looked. Hopefully the final product looks/runs better than it seems like it will.

was my thinking exactly on this, even in their showcase of the game it was really jerky looking low fps from what they were showing... if that is the best case scenario, imagine the low end of performance.

The actual trailer on the Switch store would have been a far better idea to show off the game, that shows very little actual gameplay and no jerking like what was shown in the direct.

should note - I've not played the game at all, I'm just basing this on seeing the direct footage, it could be great!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Just bought Resident Evil Revelations 1

Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy

I grabbed it at 25% off on the Eshop. It's fun, but sometimes it annoys me because of how precise the platforming can be when the over-the-shoulder view makes judging distances difficult.

SKMBlake said:

such a great game, would advise playing it mobile style with headphones on at night, it's that sort of game, I played through the game originally back on the 3ds with a Circle pad pro and it blew me away how good it was (was more of a technical marvel on the 3ds at the time) but really, this is a game that if you play in the right environment (not on a bus) it will really make the experience better.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

psychicscubadiver said:
Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy

I grabbed it at 25% off on the Eshop. It's fun, but sometimes it annoys me because of how precise the platforming can be when the over-the-shoulder view makes judging distances difficult.

If you haven't played those original 3 crash games they're a little strange and take some time to get used to compared to Mario, Crash can almost run off a platform and then jump so it's ideal to make the jump after you get to the ledge rather than before it, it really does take some getting used to if you didn't play them before like I said, but try it out, rather than early jump leave it til it would be too late in Odyssey for example.

Those 3 titles are genuinely hard games though, was something that a lot of reviewers complained about was the difficulty of Crash, but .... they've always been kinda tough.

Around the Network

Got:

Thumbleseed

The Way

Samuray Shodown (dang, I cannot believe it is already 25 years that this game came out. Played on arcade for some good good time, and my Haomaru was hard to beat.)

Ganoncrotch said:
SKMBlake said:

such a great game, would advise playing it mobile style with headphones on at night, it's that sort of game, I played through the game originally back on the 3ds with a Circle pad pro and it blew me away how good it was (was more of a technical marvel on the 3ds at the time) but really, this is a game that if you play in the right environment (not on a bus) it will really make the experience better.

Yeah, the game is cool, and it's my first RE game. I'm just annoyed by the lack of weapons, which happens all the time, and killing zombies with a knife isn't fun as I thought

Got Bad North recently.

If you haven't played those original 3 crash games they're a little strange and take some time to get used to compared to Mario, Crash can almost run off a platform and then jump so it's ideal to make the jump after you get to the ledge rather than before it, it really does take some getting used to if you didn't play them before like I said, but try it out, rather than early jump leave it til it would be too late in Odyssey for example.

Those 3 titles are genuinely hard games though, was something that a lot of reviewers complained about was the difficulty of Crash, but .... they've always been kinda tough.

I was always a Nintendo kid growing up so this is the first first I've played it. I actually tend to overshoot platforms on the bad sections. I don't mind toughness in a platformer, but it feels like false difficulty sometimes since I'm jumping correctly, but misjudging the distance due to poor visual design. In other 3D platformers you can usually adjust the camera and aren't required to have perfect precision and 2D platformers let you see the arc of the jump and judge distances, allowing them to require precise jumps. Like I said, the game is fun but I generally just have to tough it out during the annoying parts until I'm back to a fun section.

mZuzek said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Am I the only one who disagrees with this? I see the internet constantly moaning about how hard Crash is, and I just can't understand it. The first game is tough, I'll give you that, but it's nothing crazy either, and the other two are actually quite easy. The way I see it, it's very obvious these games were made for children and it shows in the difficulty.

I got to the last boss in CB1 on my first continue. Then I lost like 2 on him. I have played it before though. I guess the gameplay takes some getting used to if its your first time playing.