By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo Switch Third Party Society - 100% Fully Updated to December 8th!

Added Cat Quest today via the UK eshop sale.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I hate to say this, but I can't recommend the game to you right now. It's a fun game, but a game-breaking bug has kept me from finishing the game. Because of this bug, I am stuck at level 52 and will be stuck there until this bug is fixed.

This review mentions the exact bug I'm talking about: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bridge-constructor-portal-review/1900-6416868/

Well - CRAP!!!! That is HUGELY disappointing...  :(

Bridge Constructor Portal just got a patch. Hopefully, it fixes the game-breaking bug.

EDIT: THE BUG IS GONE!! I now recommend getting the game!

Last edited by Mr.GameCrazy - on 23 March 2018

TalonMan said:
Mandalore76 said:
Added Cat Quest today via the UK eshop sale.

Not being sarcastic when I ask - I'm just curious if there was a reason and/or whether I missed something: Any reason why you made special mention of 'UK' eShop?

Serious question - not looking to be a smart ass...   ;)

Edit: Just noticed the second keyword: "sale"! If so (and this is why you chose UK), are you tracking those sale prices somewhere so you know in which region, a given game is on sale??

I created an account for each eShop (NA, UK/EUR, and Japan), since some games release in one region earlier than another, and each region tends to have different sales (although some do overlap).  So, I check the eShop of each of those regions each week to see what's new and what's on sale.  If a game releases on the Japan eShop first, and it is in English, I might buy it from there rather than wait for its release in NA.  Cat Quest happened to be on sale on the UK/EUR eShop this week, so that's where I purchased it from.  Even with the dollars to pounds conversion, it was cheaper for me to buy it there.

TalonMan said:
Mandalore76 said:

I created an account for each eShop (NA, UK/EUR, and Japan), since some games release in one region earlier than another, and each region tends to have different sales (although some do overlap).  So, I check the eShop of each of those regions each week to see what's new and what's on sale.  If a game releases on the Japan eShop first, and it is in English, I might buy it from there rather than wait for its release in NA.  Cat Quest happened to be on sale on the UK/EUR eShop this week, so that's where I purchased it from.  Even with the dollars to pounds conversion, it was cheaper for me to buy it there.

Excellent!!! 

You've definitely inspired me to do the same!! I've heard about the ability to shop the various regional eShops, but never tried - and since I will typically ONLY buy eShop games that are on sale, by being able to check the other regions for discounts is a bonus!! :)

Couple of questions for ya!

- Do you maintain an "eShop balance" to use for buying games? Does that balance carry over between the different regions? Or, do you have to maintain separate balances for each region?
 - How do any "gold coins" you've earned work? ie. Say I collect the coins for my physical copy of Zelda - can they be used in any region? Or, only my "NA" region?
 - How hard is it to navigate the Japan eShop? I assume everything is in Japanese and make for difficult reading (unless you know the language)?

Sorry for all the questions - I've just been very curious about doing this, and now that I know somebody that's doing it, I WANT ANSWERS!!!!!! :D

1st and 2nd questions: No, they don't carry over, funds and gold coins works only on specific regions.

3rd question: Searching for games in the Japanes eShop can be hard only if the title is not in English, but I only look in there for sales demos, but it's quite easy to look up sales, just click the second tab for the sales tab.

Last edited by Sunstrider - on 23 March 2018

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I bought Kamiko.

Around the Network

Just got Lego City Undercover.

2 new games purchased:

- Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King
- Steamworld Dig 1

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

I bought Steamworld Dig 1

TalonMan said:
Sunstrider said:

1st and 2nd questions: No, they don't carry over, funds and gold coins works only on specific regions.

3rd question: Searching for games in the Japanes eShop can be hard only if the title is not in English, but I only look in there for sales demos, but it's quite easy to look up sales, just click the second tab for the sales tab.

Cool - thanks for the intel. Definitely gonna give it a try...  :)

Yes, the sites are laid out the same across all regions, so it is very easy to find which games are on sale in the Japan eShop at any given time.  Also, if you want to know which games in the Japan eShop are playable in English, look for the 英語 symbol in the game description.  

Added this weekend:

The Count Lucanor
Mercenaries Saga Chronicles