By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘GRABHER’ License Plate Revoked, Deemed ‘Offensive’ with Picture Inside!

Oh god, I've been hearing about this since late March.

He was on the news crying about this, acting like a snowflake.

Around the Network

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; Among these are life, liberty, and vanity license plates that say whatever you want them to.

It's stupid of course. But so are vanity plates. The government doesn't have to cosign anything they don't want to.

I hate political correctness.

So we're getting to a point now where someone can't even have THEIR OWN LAST NAME on their license plate because someone else doesn't like it or is getting 'offended' by it because it happens to be similar to something else? (And I say offended loosely and in quotes since there are people that will just look for things to say they're angry over nowadays).

This is just pathetic. 

vivster said:
That's just sad. We live in a world where people with last names get their license plate revoked while people who actually sexually harass women become president. This is so fucked up on so many levels.

So saying that he would like to grab her by the pussy to another male with no women present is sexual harrassment? 

Around the Network
FloatingWaffles said:

So we're getting to a point now where someone can't even have THEIR OWN LAST NAME on their license plate 

The horror!

I have no complaint about this. The fact that this is the guy's last name doesn't matter. The fact is, its easy for this to be read in a vulgar way so I can understand why such a thing wouldn't be allowed.

VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well... you'd hope it would be less sensitive than that. Cuz... ya know... they're not even close to India, let alone native to it

Yeah, that itself is a sensitive term! Most natives don't like being called Indians.

Indians has dual meaning, generally I just ask Feather or Dot.

Double post

specialk said:
FloatingWaffles said:

So we're getting to a point now where someone can't even have THEIR OWN LAST NAME on their license plate 

The horror!

It's not about whether you think having a name on a license plate is a big deal or not, it's the fact that it has reached a point now where someone's own name was actually removed off of something of his because someone was apparently triggered by it and complained apparently which is truly pathetic, and the fact that people give into shit like that only makes those people feel like they can remove or censor anything if they complain enough.