By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘GRABHER’ License Plate Revoked, Deemed ‘Offensive’ with Picture Inside!

vivster said:
That's just sad. We live in a world where people with last names get their license plate revoked while people who actually sexually harass women become president. This is so fucked up on so many levels.

My last name is Shittingdicknipples. What am I gonna do?!?!

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
vivster said:
That's just sad. We live in a world where people with last names get their license plate revoked while people who actually sexually harass women become president. This is so fucked up on so many levels.

My last name is Shittingdicknipples. What am I gonna do?!?!

Get a license plate, let it be rejected and then sue for discrimination and become a billionaire. Then buy an appartment complex with buildings shaped like the letters for "Shittingdicknipples".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Airaku said:
Astrid said:

From what I read about it in a different article about this, people unfamiliar with star trek, associated this with the assimilation of the native Indians into Canadian society. From what I understood, "assimilation" is a term people use in these discussions.

LMAO! While I believe you I call bullshit on that, or those people are dumb. I live in Canada and the only thing I really know about Star Trek is the J.J. Abrams movies and I NEVER got that. That's just stupid!

Is from one of the most epic moments in the star trek tv shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8
I myself am a huge fan of all the old star trek shows, and not too fond of the last 3 movies. 

Being from Europe and having no idea how sensitive this word is for native Indians in Canada, I'm not going to judge the complainers. I can see how this can come over as very aggressive if you miss the borg reference and are an Indian. 

Link to that other article I read: http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-fan-forced-to-surrender-asimil8-license-plate-1794768175

Ka-pi96 said:
Astrid said:

Is from one of the most epic moments in the star trek tv shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8
I myself am a huge fan of all the old star trek shows, and not too fond of the last 3 movies. 

Being from Europe and having no idea how sensitive this word is for native Indians in Canada, I'm not going to judge the complainers. I can see how this can come over as very aggressive if you miss the borg reference and are an Indian. 

Link to that other article I read: http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-fan-forced-to-surrender-asimil8-license-plate-1794768175

Well... you'd hope it would be less sensitive than that. Cuz... ya know... they're not even close to India, let alone native to it

Yeah, that itself is a sensitive term! Most natives don't like being called Indians.

One compliant and it gets revoked on him, that's a bit nuts, I'm just shocked that offended person can't push the issue and just get the guys name changed to something less offensive to them, like Lorne Rosehips or something lovely like that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well... you'd hope it would be less sensitive than that. Cuz... ya know... they're not even close to India, let alone native to it

Yeah, that istelfi s a sensitive term! Most natives don't like being called Indians.

Ah, I had no Idea.

Astrid said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, that istelfi s a sensitive term! Most natives don't like being called Indians.

Ah, I had no Idea.

Woah, I really butchered my post!

bonzobanana said:
Let's hope there is no one out there with the surname 'Rapekids' who likes his personal number plate.

*AHEM* It's pronounced rah-PECK-eedz.

HoloDust said:

Oh, dear...PC SJW-ism at its worst....what is more idiotic, that's guy's family name.

What is next? All plates with 69 in them banned cause some puritan nutjob finds them offensive?

I'm offended by your insensitive derogatory use of a specific male body part.

bonzobanana said:
Let's hope there is no one out there with the surname 'Rapekids' who likes his personal number plate.

One too many letters.  The kids are safe.