By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon 2 Sell 5mil Lifetime........ In Japan Alone?? [YeS It Will] [Update: 4.5mil Ship+Digital]

MULTI MILLION (YES IN YEN)
COMPETITION ALL OVER JAPAN..... THEN MAYBE :P

Around the Network
Flilix said:
tbone51 said:
OP is crazy, must be on drugs again! :O

Probably. His predictions are always completely stupid, none of them has ever been correct.

I thought tbone was one of those few guys who thought that Splatoon was going to be a huge success.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Flilix said:

Probably. His predictions are always completely stupid, none of them has ever been correct.

I thought tbone was one of those few guys who thought that Splatoon was going to be a huge success.

He was, he made the 'will Splatoon sell 3 million copies' thread.

(I was just joking in my last post, because tbone also was.)

Mar1217 said:
Bofferbrauer said:

Well it's outracing the DQ XI preorders combined on COMG right now - with Splatoon 2 preorders not even being officialy open yet. In the 4 days since the last direct Splatoon 2 has already made more than half the points there than the original did.

So yeah, I don't think it's a fad by this point.

Now that's good !!

No, it's untrue is what it is. Unless, its total overtakes both versions' totals combined, it isn't 'outracing' Dragon Quest. Even if it does manage that, since pre-orders haven't opened anywhere else, COMG's numbers are likely too high for Splatoon 2 as anyone who wants to pre-order is being forced away from other shops.

I think 4M is more likely..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

*As I read the title*
"Yes..... oh, probably not"

SegataSanshiro said:
No. Splatoon can sell 5-6 million WW lifetime. 1 Million in japan and heck maybe even 1.5 mill in Japan. It's not going to outsell or come close to Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter numbers tho.

You do realise that Splatoon1 sold 1.7m on instal base of 3.3m in Japan? You basically saying that Splatoon 2 will sell less on platform that will be much more popular than Wii U was. Number you gave, 1-1.5m will be most liky be achived in 2017. year alone, and Splatoon is game that had crazy legs in Japan, constantly in top most sold games in Japan whole year. If I recall Splatoon was most successful new IP in Japan in recent years, and easily most popular Wii U game in Japan (even esily outsold MK8 that has 8m WW sales on instal base of 13m).

Splatoon 2 will most likely outsell evre individual DQ game, but selling all combined versions of game is long shot.

Well everything is possible, Splatoon 1 sold 1.7m on 3.3m Wii U consoles in Japan, that's more than 50% attach rate, and Switch will most likely end up selling much more than Wii U sold. I think Splatoon2 will be 3m+ game in Japan, so even 5m is possible.

I expect between 2.5 - 3 M.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Bump! Get your opinions up b4 splat2 releases!