Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon 2 Sell 5mil Lifetime........ In Japan Alone?? [YeS It Will] [Update: 3.78mil Ship+Digital]

Flilix said:
tbone51 said:
OP is crazy, must be on drugs again! :O

Probably. His predictions are always completely stupid, none of them has ever been correct.

Yeap always off the mark, be lucky to hit 500k :o

Around the Network

Highly doubt it but I'm rooting for it same way I rooted for the first.

Mar1217 said:
Bofferbrauer said:

The first one made over 1.5M on the Wii U, so 2M seems way too low to me. With the Switch selling so well, 4 Million seem more reasonable to me, and if Splatoon 2 also gets tons of content after release like the first one, then even more is possible

Yeah, good point. But we need to see if this was just a fad or if it's really something special though

Well it's outracing the DQ XI preorders combined on COMG right now - with Splatoon 2 preorders not even being officialy open yet. In the 4 days since the last direct Splatoon 2 has already made more than half the points there than the original did.

So yeah, I don't think it's a fad by this point.

Move over DQ, a new king resides :p

Games of Thrones! :O

MULTI MILLION (YES IN YEN)
COMPETITION ALL OVER JAPAN..... THEN MAYBE :P

Around the Network
Flilix said:
tbone51 said:
OP is crazy, must be on drugs again! :O

Probably. His predictions are always completely stupid, none of them has ever been correct.

I thought tbone was one of those few guys who thought that Splatoon was going to be a huge success.

Metallox said:
Flilix said:

I thought tbone was one of those few guys who thought that Splatoon was going to be a huge success.

He was, he made the 'will Splatoon sell 3 million copies' thread.

(I was just joking in my last post, because tbone also was.)

Bofferbrauer said:
Mar1217 said:

Yeah, good point. But we need to see if this was just a fad or if it's really something special though

Well it's outracing the DQ XI preorders combined on COMG right now - with Splatoon 2 preorders not even being officialy open yet. In the 4 days since the last direct Splatoon 2 has already made more than half the points there than the original did.

Now that's good !!

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Bofferbrauer said:

Now that's good !!

No, it's untrue is what it is. Unless, its total overtakes both versions' totals combined, it isn't 'outracing' Dragon Quest. Even if it does manage that, since pre-orders haven't opened anywhere else, COMG's numbers are likely too high for Splatoon 2 as anyone who wants to pre-order is being forced away from other shops.

Absolutely not