By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie says Nintendo will “have a big E3 this year”, showcasing games for both Switch and 3DS

You never quite know what you’ll get out of Nintendo from E3. A few years ago, the big N ditched conferences on stage in favor of Digital Events. In 2016, they scrapped its usual pre-recorded presentation entirely and had Zelda: Breath of the Wild as its only playable game.

So what’s in store for this year? Going off of a new statement from Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime, who recently spoke with Fox News, fans can expect “a big E3”. In addition to games for Switch, Nintendo will be showing what it has in store for 3DS.

Reggie’s full words:

“E3 is always a big time for Nintendo. We look at each E3 as a unique opportunity to tell our story. And we’re gonna have a big E3 this year. We’re going to be showcasing a variety of games. We will have experiences for… consumers will be able to attend the show for the very first time. So I’m not gonna tell you all of the various games and all of our little secrets for E3, but I can tell you that E3 is going to be a major opportunity for us to showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming to Nintendo 3DS.”

Going off of past years, we can probably look forward to hours of live streams from the Nintendo Treehouse. That has been a staple of Nintendo’s E3 plans since 2014.

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-nintendo-will-have-a-big-e3-this-year-showcasing-games-for-both-switch-and-3ds/

Around the Network

"We will have experiences for… consumers will be able to[...]"
Wonderful job at quoting, FOX.

I must say, FOX News & Reggie are a glorious duo. I'll believe it when I see it.

I kinda hope they go back to pre-recorded presentations, they're really good at those and their live presentations can be kind of... eh... cringe-inducing? :D

Really excited for the E3 this year though, both for Nintendo and the Scorpio. I imagine Sony will unleash a new wave of exclusives as well lol

I expect a new Reggie meme from e3 pre-presentation video like Reggienator and Reggie training on academy ( remember the legendary phrase by Reggie " Hey Bill, You Fired " ).

Reggie Fils-AiMECH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM

Reggie Training and Bill Wasted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvzyY1FKr0

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

isnt the first post launch E3 of any console rather big?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Wii Music 2 inbound! HYPE! TBH I am very nervous because almost every time Nintendo has a very good E3 they have a terrible one after. Last years was pretty good.

That's what I'm expecting

It needs to be, following the launch of the Switch.. hopefully something that is really exciting will be announced

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Oh god. If we're gonna have a suit up on stage running his or her mouth, I'm tuning out. I probably won't even bother to begin with, depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

Looking forward to catching some of the Treehouse though.

Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade 2 alone makes it bigger than most E3 years for Nintendo so it's not exactly going out on a limb.

Even if they don't have a single new game there and just playable builds of what's been announced already their E3 will be better than the last several years.