By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch : Docking may scratch your screen ! Go buy à Screen protector !

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1349599&page=1

That sucks mine is still not shipped.

I Guess itll be handheld mode until then

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Nonsense. The screen is glass (so I've been lead to believe) I don't know what type but even if it was window glass plastic wont scratch it. You would need some incredibly hard plastic to scratch glass. Your car keys aren't hard enough to scratch normal window glass.

It has a screen too??

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

beta testers doing the work

I assume the screen is glass and the dock is plastic so I don't think it can. Still, will look into buying a screen protector.

Around the Network
Never said:

Nonsense. The screen is glass (so I've been lead to believe) I don't know what type but even if it was window glass plastic wont scratch it. You would need some incredibly hard plastic to scratch glass. Your car keys aren't hard enough to scratch normal window glass.

According to GAF the screen isn't glass but plastic. The source is the NintendoLife review: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/hardware_review_nintendo_switch_nintendos_most_important_console_yet

One thing which is worth noting is that the panel itself is plastic rather than super-tough glass like you'd find on an iPhone or iPad.

As such, it's very easy to scratch – our review unit picked up a mark within 24 hours despite being handled with utmost care –

so you'll almost certainly want to purchase some kind of carry case if you're looking to take it out of the house, and perhaps even

a screen protector.

Yea I didn't like it when DF said it had hard plastic on the inside. I was like wtf... They really should have put soft touch padding around it. I will be buying one soon after some reviews come in.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I already bought the screen protector with the case so np for me

vivster said:
It has a screen too??

3DS référence ?

But seriously thats crazy if they Made thé exact same mistake of auto scratching than they had on 3DS.

Just why didnt they put some soft padding inside?!

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Trying to scratch glass with some plastic. So far, no luck.