By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump: ‘Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated’

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-nobody-knew-that-health-care-could-be-so-complicated-235436

President Donald Trump on Monday claimed that “nobody knew that health care could be so complicated,” and again flirted with the idea that Republicans should let Obamacare “implode” so that Democrats shoulder the blame.

Even as he re-upped his commitment to repealing and replacing Obamacare during separate gatherings with governors and insurance CEOs, Trump appeared to nod to the grim political reality of yanking away the increasingly popular law.

"Let it be a disaster, because we can blame that on the Dems that are in our room -- and we can blame that on the Democrats and President Obama," Trump said in remarks to the National Governors Association. "But we have to do what's right, because Obamacare is a failed disaster."

He also used some strained logic to explain why Obamacare’s popularity has continued to generally tick up, with a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released last week finding that 43 percent of voters think the law was a good idea, while 41 percent said it was a bad idea. (It was a slight dip from January, in which 45 percent said the law was a good idea, but overall, the law’s popularity has been steadily rising over the past two years).

Around the Network

Oh boy, can't wait for big pharmas to let medical expenses skyrocket

Just make it better sheez. He said he want to replace it with a better plan and now he wants it to flop so dems that feel bad about it. Give me a break.

lmfao I just, can't.

Did we just get a #DealWithIt as a response? *siiiigh*

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
lmfao I just, can't.

He's talking about the paperwork/regulation, it's funny how people completely missed this. 

Good luck. Canada stays healthy

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

areason said:
Ljink96 said:
lmfao I just, can't.

He's talking about the paperwork/regulation, it's funny how people completely missed this. 

Then "lmfao I just, can't." fits as a response. 

areason said:
Ljink96 said:
lmfao I just, can't.

That's just tip of the iceberg that's the stupid of this entire briefing. It's funnier how people defend the stupidest things he says. Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated...well, if you were so adamant about repealing and replacing Obamacare, and if it bothered you that much, you should have been working on a plan years ago and then it wouldn't seem so complicated. He bragged that his plan would be simple, easy, and much better than what we have now and then he says it's so complicated. He just says too much when he doesn't know much. The story of the entire Trump administration thus far. Then again he did say he'd keep parts of Obamacare, then he said fully replace it, now he's saying let it stay and implode, etc. This guy is a sociopath. Him and his cabinet of incompetent clowns.

Good Luck with that America (As Australia watches on in disbelief)