By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn - Official SCREENSHOTS Thread.

NEW POLL. What do you think of Horizon Zero dawn so far?

I love it, it's brilliant. 308 71.13%

It's good, above average. 38 8.78%

Eh, mediocre. 16 3.70%

it's bad. below average. 3 0.69%

It's terrible, so disopointed. 5 1.15%

Yet to tell/no opinion/don't own it. ..... 63 14.55%

Total:433
John2290 said:
vivster said:

And they say pc gamers are obsessed with graphics.

It could be 8k with 3TB worth of high quality textures and it would still run like shit. Not being able to use a mouse for this shooter is just the cherry on top.

Yes, it is a crime that this game, like all good console exclusive games, is confined on a single bad platform with no choice whatsoever.

No, It is not nor is this a simple shooter and no this would not work well with mouse and keyboard...at all! It is a game made for consoles by people who make games for consoles. I could say it is a crime that there are no 4x games nor many of the RTS games but I would not want to play them anywhere else than my laptop anyhow. 

You seem to be just out to start an argument with PS4 user but I am not going to bite the hook hidden in your bait. I will say this however, if you are salty that a game can, look better, run just as smooth and have a great source of funding and support as to make the game looks better than anything else (viewed at a reasonabe distance from the screen) on PC on hardware that you put double or triple that cost and while newer games will gradually get worse performance unless you put in more money on upgrades while newer games on the ps4 will gradually get better and better looking. 

Keep obsessing about numbers, graphics settings and fps while the rest of us enjoy better looking games on our 400 ps4 pro.

This has nothing to do with PS4, it's a problem concerning all consoles. There is simply zero choice. No choice in peripherals, not even something as simple as being able to decide between framerate and useless graphic shine.

Those are the only two simple things I would like to have. But even that tiny bit of choice is not allowed on consoles. That's what makes it bad. Exclusivity is bad, no choices are an inherently bad thing for everyone.

There is no such thing as "a console game" or "a pc game". That line is only separated by the peripherals used. There is nothing that forbids developers to to offer choices, they do it for PC after all. It all comes down to how extremely restricted consoles are. Why are they so restricted? Because it makes it easier/cheaper for platform owners and developers. And they do all this on the back of the consumer since no choice is always a detriment.

I am very salty in this particular instance because the game looks really fun but I will not be able to enjoy it because it doesn't even give me the bare minimum of choice. It is a fast paced action game that requires precise and fast aiming. I will certainly not enjoy this on a controller and certainly not at 30fps. Much like I couldn't get past Bayonetta 2 because a fast paced game that drops below 30fps constantly is simply not enjoyable.

It's great that you can live with being forced to play in a very restricted environment, that doesn't make it ok or even laudable. Try to imagine that you are forced to play this game with a guitar hero controller at 5 fps. That's how it is for people like me. I doubt you would be able to enjoy the game no matter how pretty it is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
John2290 said:

No, It is not nor is this a simple shooter and no this would not work well with mouse and keyboard...at all! It is a game made for consoles by people who make games for consoles. I could say it is a crime that there are no 4x games nor many of the RTS games but I would not want to play them anywhere else than my laptop anyhow. 

You seem to be just out to start an argument with PS4 user but I am not going to bite the hook hidden in your bait. I will say this however, if you are salty that a game can, look better, run just as smooth and have a great source of funding and support as to make the game looks better than anything else (viewed at a reasonabe distance from the screen) on PC on hardware that you put double or triple that cost and while newer games will gradually get worse performance unless you put in more money on upgrades while newer games on the ps4 will gradually get better and better looking. 

Keep obsessing about numbers, graphics settings and fps while the rest of us enjoy better looking games on our 400 ps4 pro.

This has nothing to do with PS4, it's a problem concerning all consoles. There is simply zero choice. No choice in peripherals, not even something as simple as being able to decide between framerate and useless graphic shine.

Those are the only two simple things I would like to have. But even that tiny bit of choice is not allowed on consoles. That's what makes it bad. Exclusivity is bad, no choices are an inherently bad thing for everyone.

There is no such thing as "a console game" or "a pc game". That line is only separated by the peripherals used. There is nothing that forbids developers to to offer choices, they do it for PC after all. It all comes down to how extremely restricted consoles are. Why are they so restricted? Because it makes it easier/cheaper for platform owners and developers. And they do all this on the back of the consumer since no choice is always a detriment.

I am very salty in this particular instance because the game looks really fun but I will not be able to enjoy it because it doesn't even give me the bare minimum of choice. It is a fast paced action game that requires precise and fast aiming. I will certainly not enjoy this on a controller and certainly not at 30fps. Much like I couldn't get past Bayonetta 2 because a fast paced game that drops below 30fps constantly is simply not enjoyable.

It's great that you can live with being forced to play in a very restricted environment, that doesn't make it ok or even laudable. Try to imagine that you are forced to play this game with a guitar hero controller at 5 fps. That's how it is for people like me. I doubt you would be able to enjoy the game no matter how pretty it is.

I don't what about this game screams, "I must need a mouse to play it". And you keep calling it a shooter when it has no guns. I don't know what's going on here, man.

EricHiggin said:

Game looks all around amazing so far. That photo mode is a great feature. Well thought out.

When I look at the story and game play it makes me think, if you made a mature grown up version of Zelda BOTW, this is what it would be like.

What exactly is mature and grown up about Horizon, lol? Oh and the games play nothing alike... You do realize that in Japan they don't view animation as childish, right? The highest grossing movie in Japan is Spirited Away, the third highest is Frozen, the fourth highest is Your name, the sixth highest is Howl's Moving Castle, the sevent highest is Princess Mononoke and the 11th highest is Ponyo. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

John2290 said:
vivster said:

1. On ps4 you can choose between res settings and performance. 

2. You are salty about a game that looks fun that 50+ million and counting have the ability to play it...? That's on you. If you are that anal about fps and then you probably can't enjoy games for the gameplay and prefer to obsess over settings. Why not go all in and grab a 5000 quid rig.

3. You guitar hero scenario makes no sense and is just petty.

High fps are gameplay related and only that. High fps are objectively better in any game and particularly in action games. High fps are about enhancing gameplay and nothing else. That's why games become unplayable if fps are too low. Hence my example. Some people are used to higher fps. For me playing at 30fps with drops is like you playing at 5fps I assume. The same as playing shooters with controllers. It's objectively the worse choice if you want to play properly. But console players have to compromise because they are not allowed to have choice.

The fact that you're not getting my example just shows your narrow view. You only see what you enjoy. If you enjoy low fps and a controller that you were forced to choose, that's fine. That doesn't give you the right to treat anything that goes beyond your narrow experience as negligable. Making a game available is not the same as making it accessible. I own a PS4 Pro since Launch but I will certainly never be able to play and enjoy this game because Sony and the developers made the choices of how I have to play it for me and sadly it's the wrong choice for me.

And then there are for some reason people defending companies that deliberately take choice away from the customer.

BTW you are not able to choose 60fps for this game, not even on PS4 Pro. Not that they would have to be since people like you apparently revel in being fed what companies chose to be their cheapest option.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RJ_Sizzle said:
vivster said:

I don't what about this game screams, "I must need a mouse to play it". And you keep calling it a shooter when it has no guns. I don't know what's going on here, man.

It has a frequently used bow and arrow. Is that not something you have to shoot and aim with? The problem is I can't enjoy shooting with a controller because it is counter intuitive and way too slow.

It's basically the same issue I have with 3D Zelda games but thankfully they use their aiming a lot less frequent.

Around the Network

People need to Chill and stop being so fussy.

The game looks stunnning by the way. Looking forward to it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Radek said:
vivster said:

High fps are gameplay related and only that. High fps are objectively better in any game and particularly in action games. High fps are about enhancing gameplay and nothing else. That's why games become unplayable if fps are too low. Hence my example. Some people are used to higher fps. For me playing at 30fps with drops is like you playing at 5fps I assume. The same as playing shooters with controllers. It's objectively the worse choice if you want to play properly. But console players have to compromise because they are not allowed to have choice.

The fact that you're not getting my example just shows your narrow view. You only see what you enjoy. If you enjoy low fps and a controller that you were forced to choose, that's fine. That doesn't give you the right to treat anything that goes beyond your narrow experience as negligable. Making a game available is not the same as making it accessible. I own a PS4 Pro since Launch but I will certainly never be able to play and enjoy this game because Sony and the developers made the choices of how I have to play it for me and sadly it's the wrong choice for me.

And then there are for some reason people defending companies that deliberately take choice away from the customer.

BTW you are not able to choose 60fps for this game, not even on PS4 Pro. Not that they would have to be since people like you apparently revel in being fed what companies chose to be their cheapest option.

I'm sorry but as PC gamer you should have known 30% boost to Jaguar CPU wasn't NEARLY enough for 60 fps gaming in DEMANDING open world game like this. Seems like a waste of money and you would be fine with normal PS4.

PS4 Pro is basically resolution + graphics boost for 95% of the time.

Of course I know it but you can always hope that one day developers will wise up. The increase in CPU power doesn't have to double to entice developers to go 60fps. You can do any game in 60fps if you compromise on other things. So a game running at 45fps before could've been easily pushed to 60 instead of being locked to 30.

My investment in the Pro was fine. It had way less stutter on FFXV on Pro than the original PS4. I spend over a hundred hours with that game so I already got my money's worth.

vivster said:
Radek said:

I'm sorry but as PC gamer you should have known 30% boost to Jaguar CPU wasn't NEARLY enough for 60 fps gaming in DEMANDING open world game like this. Seems like a waste of money and you would be fine with normal PS4.

PS4 Pro is basically resolution + graphics boost for 95% of the time.

Of course I know it but you can always hope that one day developers will wise up. The increase in CPU power doesn't have to double to entice developers to go 60fps. You can do any game in 60fps if you compromise on other things. So a game running at 45fps before could've been easily pushed to 60 instead of being locked to 30.

My investment in the Pro was fine. It had way less stutter on FFXV on Pro than the original PS4. I spend over a hundred hours with that game so I already got my money's worth.

See the problem here is that you're arguing that any game running at 60 fps is objectively better than that same game with better visuals running at 30 fps. But that's not the case. The vast majority of people who buy console games could not give a fuck about the frame rate as long as its stable, which means they'll choose better visuals over frame rate pretty much every time because they're more likely to notice it. Which means while it may be technically possible to do things like offer a 60fps mode on all games, and offer things like keyboard and mouse support (many PS3 games did, after all), the time, money and effort to develop these features doesn't actually translate to an increase in game sales to justify that effort. Besides. most of the people that complain about such things, like yourself, will moan and complain, and go out and buy the game anyways! Don't believe me?

You're in a minisculely small minority, and frankly no one really cares that you don't like it.  What are the developers supposed to wise up to? They're already onto you, and they know people like you are too weak willed to actually stand up to their convictions. The fact that you own a PS4 Pro, and FFXV considering all the flaws that game has, and continues to have gives me the feeling that you have this game pre-ordered already.

Edit: You're getting a Switch? I think that speaks volumes for how you actually vote with your dollar due to hardware limitations holding games back visually.

potato_hamster said:
vivster said:

See the problem here is that you're arguing that any game running at 60 fps is objectively better than that same game with better visuals running at 30 fps. But that's not the case. The vast majority of people who buy console games could not give a fuck about the frame rate as long as its stable, which means they'll choose better visuals over frame rate pretty much every time because they're more likely to notice it. Which means while it may be technically possible to do things like offer a 60fps mode on all games, and offer things like keyboard and mouse support (many PS3 games did, after all), the time, money and effort to develop these features doesn't actually translate to an increase in game sales to justify that effort. Besides. most of the people that complain about such things, like yourself, will moan and complain, and go out and buy the game anyways! Don't believe me?

You're in a minisculely small minority, and frankly no one really cares that you don't like it.  What are the developers supposed to wise up to? They're already onto you, and they know people like you are too weak willed to actually stand up to your convictions. The fact that you own a PS4 Pro, and FFXV considering all the flaws that game has, and continues to have gives me the feeling that you have this game pre-ordered already.

Oh and there is ps4 type mouse and keyboard.

(https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/tac-pro-for-playstation-4/)

And if they want the Xbox controller on ps4 they can use that.

And man that pic hahahah wth.

Framerates only matter so much. In fighting games, doing 1 frame links in 60fps is a lot more demanding than in a 30 fps game. It means reaction times, and windows of opportunity can be sliced thinner. However, not every game is like that. I can, to this day, enjoy MGS4 on PS3 at 30 FPS. I can also enjoy Road Rash 2 on sega genesis, at 30 FPS. Most games I play, are fighters. I would never play a 30 fps fighting game, from any era. But, before we went into 3D, games were almost always 60FPS. Out of the 80 Sega Genesis games I have, all but maybe 15 of them are 60 FPS. Stability is most important. It's also Sony's game, on their own platform. Why are we even talking about a PC version, that will not exist anytime soon, if ever?

I play all my games on PC with a mouse and keyboard. I simply adjust if I play on consoles.

Some games, I only play on console, some I only play on PC, and others, I play on both. I don't care how much the PS4 is. I have it, and the pro. I play my PS3 more than my PS4s and my PC. It's not about framerates, or whatnot, it's about personal enjoyment. I'm not going to be a prst to someone about their decisions. Not having a PS4, Pro, PC, or whatever, because I'm not buying a PC or console for anyone. To each, their own.

I haven't had time I can't wait for this game. It's great. I'll be playing it on both my PS4 and Pro to see what differences there are. This isnt a game that has to be played at 60 fps.

And speaking of 60fps, I have a 144fps monitor. I still enjoy 30 fps games too.