By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma says Zelda: Breath of the Wild doesn’t have an option for dual audio

bdbdbd said:
guiduc said:

I'm just amazed, we have wanted it so badly for so many years (even decades at this point) and when we finally get it, we complain even though it's more than fine  

Not sure how many people really wanted it. Personally I was happy how it was. Let's hope the cinematics are skippable.

The vast majority of Zelda fans, as far as I've seen, were happy with how it was. Almost all complaints I saw were from people who weren't playing Zelda (or really any Nintendo games) anyway.

I don't know where these supposed "wanted it so badly for so many years" fans guidic refers to are, but I certainly haven't seen them during my 20+ years in Zelda threads and websites.

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
bdbdbd said:

Not sure how many people really wanted it. Personally I was happy how it was. Let's hope the cinematics are skippable.

The vast majority of Zelda fans, as far as I've seen, were happy with how it was. Almost all complaints I saw were from people who weren't playing Zelda (or really any Nintendo games) anyway.

I don't know where these supposed "wanted it so badly for so many years" fans guidic refers to are, but I certainly haven't seen them during my 20+ years in Zelda threads and websites.

There were definitely Zelda fans that supported voice acting. I was one and I've owned them all, just pointing out of much of a fuss it makes now that we got what we wanted. And you spelled my name wrong.

Chris Hu said:
bdbdbd said:

Well, English IS a germanic language. I think you see sometimes cartoons being dubbed/voiceacted by known actors, not because they'd be better in voice acting, but for people to connect the cartoon character to the actor who plays him/her/it.

Actually English is more of a hybrid language since it has more words borrowed from other languages then German.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OynrY8JCDM

Ehh... we have different languages largely because of them being developed independently (no interaction) or influence from other languages (with interaction). It is still a germanic language with a structure of one.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
Chris Hu said:

Actually English is more of a hybrid language since it has more words borrowed from other languages then German.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OynrY8JCDM

Ehh... we have different languages largely because of them being developed independently (no interaction) or influence from other languages (with interaction). It is still a germanic language with a structure of one.

Structually its a germanic language for sure but it still has more words borrowed from other languages and words with romantic language roots then any other germanic language.  Which is a good thing since that makes it the most poetic and musical germanic language. 

cycycychris said:
I've listen to some of the comparisons and I quite honestly still can't see why people think the English Dub is shit. It really feels like people are looking for things to bash Nintendo. The dub is actually pretty good. People point to Zelda in the Japanese version but her whiny Japanese anime school girl voice is going to be torture to listen. Can't believe people vision for Zelda's voice is that..

The only voice I like better in the Japanese version is the voice of the old lady.

I've listen to some of the comparisons and I quite honestly still can't see why people think the Japanese VO is shit. It really feels like people are looking for things to bash Nintendo. The Japanese VO is actually pretty good.

Seems like a very pointless statement, IMO. Maybe people have different opinions?

Around the Network

Yeah, speaking as a fan, I never felt Zelda needed voice acting, and I still don't.
I don't mind that it's there though. It's simply not a big deal to me.