By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Predictions: Open Your Eyes - UPDATE: Switch LTD Shipments Reach 84.59m by March 31st, Forecast for Next Fiscal Year is 25.5m

Well, I don't have any clue about sales to be quite honest, that's why I won't make any predictions. But a lot from the OP sounds reasonable. Also, people tend to underestimate Nintendo. I still remember how people said the Nintendo DS is gonna fail, it doesn't stand a chance against PSP, blah blah blah. We all know how that turned out. I also remember a lot of hype for the Vita. People freaked out when that thing was announced as NGP. It had them hardware specs for epic grfxx, it had dat 3rd party support, it was relatively cheap, it had everything people insist Nintendo needs for a successful console - and it failed miserably.

It's just too early for any kind of prediction. In the end, it all comes down to software. If you ask me, Switch sales will go through the roof as soon as Pokemon hits the console.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Oh Rol. 

1. Yes, lots have given up on them. They continue to cater to a casual audience that is long gone, and has hurt them in being a viable console provider.

2. Well I'm sure Nintation360 would disagree with you.

3. Lots of people do not trust Nintendo anymore. And the majority of fans didn't skip it, I mean most core Nintendo fans got the console. Those are just all the fans that're left...

4. It is definently in trouble in the west, especially if it is touted as a home console replacement. 

5. Yes, it is very weak. Having only 1 AAA title at launch, and then having a few more through the summer isn't a "juggernaut" lineup.

6. We'll have to wait and see

7. The reason they have their games at the top is due to piss poor third party support, so I'd expect first parties to drag a little bit of the slack.

8. Wii U and 3DS had plenty of problems, and the Switch only shows how blind Nintendo is to what the gaming market wants.

9. Yes, people are going to come from the sky and buy this thing because its from "nintendo". I really want to see your predictions on the Wii U

10. No, HW that is 7-8 years dated is totally worth the price. I mean the XB1 and PS4 are cheaper, but no... being "special" is why they can do this. Oh wait, this is almost a copy and paste of the nvidia shield...

Conclusion: Learn to be a better liar.

There is no cure for you.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

barneystinson69 said:

Oh Rol. 

1. Yes, lots have given up on them. They continue to cater to a casual audience that is long gone, and has hurt them in being a viable console provider.

2. Well I'm sure Nintation360 would disagree with you.

3. Lots of people do not trust Nintendo anymore. And the majority of fans didn't skip it, I mean most core Nintendo fans got the console. Those are just all the fans that're left...

4. It is definently in trouble in the west, especially if it is touted as a home console replacement. 

5. Yes, it is very weak. Having only 1 AAA title at launch, and then having a few more through the summer isn't a "juggernaut" lineup.

6. We'll have to wait and see

7. The reason they have their games at the top is due to piss poor third party support, so I'd expect first parties to drag a little bit of the slack.

8. Wii U and 3DS had plenty of problems, and the Switch only shows how blind Nintendo is to what the gaming market wants.

9. Yes, people are going to come from the sky and buy this thing because its from "nintendo". I really want to see your predictions on the Wii U

10. No, HW that is 7-8 years dated is totally worth the price. I mean the XB1 and PS4 are cheaper, but no... being "special" is why they can do this. Oh wait, this is almost a copy and paste of the nvidia shield...

Conclusion: Learn to be a better liar.

Lol "HW that is 7-8 years dated" 

It's a based on top of the line mobile technology that at the very least is from 2013.

Isn't it sad that despite all the arguments you listed, the Switch will still fail? At least that's what my feeling is telling me.

Also you forgot to post your own prediction. It's easy to tell everyone they're wrong if you don't have an argument yourself you have to defend.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You don't need to bother trying to convince the naysayers, because that's just talking to a wall. Just let time itself prove you right. It worked last time with the cartridges prediction.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

I'm expecting anywhere between 25-30 million. The biggest problems the Switch needs to address are game droughts and marketing, two huge problems the Wii U had. Also, Nintendo doesn't need to sell out the wazoo too make a profit. They can sell half of what the PS4/ONE did and still laugh their way to the bank.

I don't think the Switch is going to do as bad as what most people here think it will. I can see 2017 being a slow start till holiday and then start to gain more and more momentum as things become less expensive and have more to offer. Definitely not going to do as bad as the Wii U, Pokémon alone will cause it to outsell that thing.

vivster said:

Isn't it sad that despite all the arguments you listed, the Switch will still fail? At least that's what my feeling is telling me.

Also you forgot to post your own prediction. It's easy to tell everyone they're wrong if you don't have an argument yourself you have to defend.

Well my magic crystal ball is telling me it's going to be a success!

My GF told me to buy the switch after seeing a Zelda video and she usually hates vg.
So I think casual and family could be a huge factor in the success of Nintendo.

Personally Im seeing anywhere between 25m - 70m lifetime.

It really all depends on how dedicated nintendo is to software support, what it decided with online paywall (ei. do they drop it?), and how fast they drop the price of the switch.