Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your biggest surprise and disappointment of year 2016 mini survey.

Biggest surprises - Ratchet and Clank. 

Biggest dissapointments -The lack of a new Suikoden game announcement. And Star Fox Zero. Not even No Man Sky was as dissapointing as SFZ. 

Genre of the year - Action - Adventure. 

Game of the year -  Uncharted 4

Avoid at all costs - Star Fox Zero and No Man Sky. 

PS VR game - n/a

Most anticipated game 2017/18/19/20 - Ni No Kuni 2, Dragon Quest XI, FFXII Zodiac age. 

Favourite game of the 8th gen so far - The Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. MK8 and XBX come as a solid second place. 

Around the Network

Biggest Surprises - Assault Android Cactus; Dragon Quest Builders

Biggest Disappointment - Lack of single-player modes in Street Fighter V

Game of the year - Uncharted 4

Avoid at all costs - Rollercoaster Dreams, good God - not only is it awful, but the character models are creepy to the point of terrifying.

PS VR game - don't have one, but I would definitely play Batman and the X-wing mission

Most Anticipated 2017 - Horizon: Zero Dawn

Favorite Game of the 8th Gen - Bloodborne

Surprise: Watchdogs 2 beind announced and being quite a good game
Ratchet and Clank was better than I expected, especially for it's price point.
Dissapointment: No mans sky. Nuff said
Genre of the year: tie Indies (firewatch, inside, abzu, stardew valley, owlboy, the witness) and first person shooters (titanfall2, Battlefield1, Doom, Overwatch)
GOTY: Forza Horizon 3
Avoid at all costs: VR
Most anticipated game:tie (Horizon, Yooka laylee, RDR2
FAVOURITE game of 8th gen NA

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.