Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

kirby007 said:
Moren said:
While you can make the case this ban is justified (https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9175728) the user in case has made a lot of good points regarding the topic, and this speaks to a bigger problem regarding VGC.
The mod team has basically allowed one of the most toxic topics in years to go completely unchecked. Sure, whatever, good call changing the title of the thread, but OP's intentions were clear just by the video alone and nothing was done. And it's everywhere. The fact a thread about Naughty Dog's agenda is open and on fire speaks volumes.

If we are banking on the site's discussion being about about Abby's biceps being unrealistic, you are setting the site up for failure in the future, and it is not a site newcomers would want to visit, lest you want 8chan refugees.

They should make me a mod i know how it feels to create troll topics thus recognise them best! Would have saved this guy from his ban, altho i would have banned him for his post calling a different user a cunt

See hiku post , some dudes love to ruin others fun especialy If a game is exclusive to a platform he hates and in the last of US case it had themes certain people despise. Só they Will do anything to damage a game and in vain to make it fail.

As soon as  There is spoilers in the Open a mod should make a thread warning everyone to stop talking about them or to get banned. Spoilers should not BE allowed in gaming fóruns, mods let this go out of Control , they got fucked too like hiku Said and got spoiled handling moderations. Hope they learn in the future but i doubt anything Will Change.

Site was unbearable these past months because ff7 and the last of US leaked.

What is the proper name for this people in your opinion? To me calling them cunts is being generous to them.

And There is a diference in stealth Troll thread to Spice things up a little and have a little fun and some stealth Trolls going around with malicious intent.

Around the Network

sorry pardon me? trolling microsoft is fine but if it happens to me im offended? Anyway you are wrong there is no good trolling...
On top of that spoilers are fine if those are locked within a thread, expecially if the thread is marked as spoiler, a person must be pretty stupid to click on a spoiler thread if they dont wanna be in the loop.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

VAMatt said:
Why is having an alt account unacceptable, in and of itself? I understand why using different accounts to get around a ban is unacceptable, but I don't see why simply having additional accounts is a problem.

I'm not asking about any specific case here. I'm just curious.

For one thing, it makes it harder to moderate in general.  The ban system is progressive and we also take into account people's general patterns.  Having an alt makes this harder to enforce.

In general though, I think it's just that the problems alts cause outweigh the benefits.  The main purpose people use alts is to do things they, for whatever reason, don't want to do on their main account. Generally, those things are things that are negative for the community.

So that's the main case against alts. And I don't really see much value in allowing them. 

kirby007 said:
sorry pardon me? trolling microsoft is fine but if it happens to me im offended? Anyway you are wrong there is no good trolling...
On top of that spoilers are fine if those are locked within a thread, expecially if the thread is marked as spoiler, a person must be pretty stupid to click on a spoiler thread if they dont wanna be in the loop.

Well first i dont even talked about Microsoft , lets say that If in Two months There is a leak about halo and they kill  masterchief Middle of the game and you play as a female or that you dont play as link in Next zelda he and you play Zelda instead. I AM sure There Will BE Nintendo and microsoft haters trying to do What people did to tlous2.

If There is no good trolling the One you admitted doing in the post i Reply should BE moderated, thread closed and you should BE banned . Ok ok i get it , There is no diference i was wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kirby007 said:

Well first i dont even talked about Microsoft , lets say that If in Two months There is a leak about halo and they kill  masterchief Middle of the game and you play as a female or that you dont play as link in Next zelda he and you play Zelda instead. I AM sure There Will BE Nintendo and microsoft haters trying to do What people did to tlous2.

If There is no good trolling the One you admitted doing in the post i Reply should BE moderated, thread closed and you should BE banned . Ok ok i get it , There is no diference i was wrong.

doesn't matter halo actually has good gameplay and doesn't need to be carried by the story

Spoiler!

edit : this is obviously a joke, or is it?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kirby007 said:

They should make me a mod i know how it feels to create troll topics thus recognise them best! Would have saved this guy from his ban, altho i would have banned him for his post calling a different user a cunt

See hiku post , some dudes love to ruin others fun especialy If a game is exclusive to a platform he hates and in the last of US case it had themes certain people despise. Só they Will do anything to damage a game and in vain to make it fail.

As soon as  There is spoilers in the Open a mod should make a thread warning everyone to stop talking about them or to get banned. Spoilers should not BE allowed in gaming fóruns, mods let this go out of Control , they got fucked too like hiku Said and got spoiled handling moderations. Hope they learn in the future but i doubt anything Will Change.

Site was unbearable these past months because ff7 and the last of US leaked.

What is the proper name for this people in your opinion? To me calling them cunts is being generous to them.

And There is a diference in stealth Troll thread to Spice things up a little and have a little fun and some stealth Trolls going around with malicious intent.

Couldn't disagree more.

Nothing wrong with spoilers being posted on a gaming forum, especially when they're marked as spoilers or in a thread specifically for spoilers. Don't want to see them? Don't click on the spoiler thread, simple as that.

Plus, people posting spoilers doesn't mean they hate a game or want it to fail. Maybe that's true for some people, but other people may just want to know what they're getting into, or speculate how exactly something will play out in the game itself.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Guys, I don't mind the discussion, but in another thread please. Let's keep this about moderations.

At What point mods start to ban people who have agendas constantly stealth shitting on a game or a brand ? A user is shitting on a game for like three months, when gets called out from his obvious behavior acts like the victim, the One who called him out gets obviously repórted and he his the One who is banned.

Example is the Runa ban of him calling out a user shitting on game derailing a thread that was for other game. This is getting a little bit sad because you are getting these users do What they want in Here with no consequences

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
At What point mods start to ban people who have agendas constantly stealth shitting on a game or a brand ? A user is shitting on a game for like three months, when gets called out from his obvious behavior acts like the victim, the One who called him out gets obviously repórted and he his the One who is banned.

Example is the Runa ban of him calling out a user shitting on game derailing a thread that was for other game. This is getting a little bit sad because you are getting these users do What they want in Here with no consequences

We're working on that. Part of the problem is when a post gets reported we need to be able to see the old posts that are part of that trend and most people don't link back to those other posts in their post reports.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

We're working on that. Part of the problem is when a post gets reported we need to be able to see the old posts that are part of that trend and most people don't link back to those other posts in their post reports.

Can you guys keep in mind that people can draw extreme conclusions about what motivates others to talk negative about the product they like or talk positive about the same?

It mostly results in a conversation with two people talking about completely different things and attempts to bring down eachothers character are made.