By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Damn right you lock that thread! https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=242026&page=1

It was definitely no coincidence that it was locked immediately after I called yal out, trying to hide your shame eh? But did you see what I did there? I had saw the thread when it was initially posted, but I was patient and let it play out for a bit. Safe bet it would turn into another Trump thread, but I waited until that actually happened first, until there was actually evidence, before accusing it of being made in bad faith.

Hide the fact that your callout was inaccurate?
Your thread was locked due to being made in bad faith. Not off-topic or wall of text.

If your memory is that short even though you wrote a love letter about it afterwards, it's literally the very first line you wrote in it "Seems to have been made in bad faith".

Also, the Corona thread was not locked for anything like that, as no such issue was raised with the mods.
This is why it was locked:

A situation you in particular worsened, by continually complaining about mod decisions in there, which is not just off the rails. It's not allowed.
And even after I reminded you its not, you still continued. So the decision was prioritized.

Last edited by Hiku - on 14 March 2020

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Damn right you lock that thread! https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=242026&page=1

It was definitely no coincidence that it was locked immediately after I called yal out, trying to hide your shame eh? But did you see what I did there? I had saw the thread when it was initially posted, but I was patient and let it play out for a bit. Safe bet it would turn into another Trump thread, but I waited until that actually happened first, until there was actually evidence, before accusing it of being made in bad faith.

Hide the fact that your callout was inaccurate?
Your thread was locked due to being made in bad faith. Not off-topic or wall of text.

If your memory is that short even though you wrote a love letter about it afterwards, it's literally the very first line you wrote in it "Seems to have been made in bad faith".

Also, the Corona thread was not locked for anything like that, as no such issue was raised with the mods.
This is why it was locked:

A situation you in particular worsened, by continually complaining about mod decisions in there, which is not just off the rails. It's not allowed.
And even after I reminded you its not, you still continued. So the decision was prioritized.

You're talking as if "being made in bad faith" wasn't my basis for comparison, even though it's in the very first post I made in that thread...

I take it you're ignoring the majority of my post in that thread and zeroing in on my last comment. Pretending to be ignorant as to why a thread would be made in bad faith, that besides the point arguments aren't the obvious result. I know you know this though, because you already told me you did. "But it's not ok to pose dishonest questions just to trashtalk, and bait out reactions." My memory is pretty good after all eh?

Ha, you won't take my word for it but you expect me to take yours, the audacity! Also, you're going pitch blame on me for derailing the thread, despite me coming in after the fact, but wont acknowledge your own part in it. Such a lack of integrity and accountability, but I knew that much already. I don't expect you to care of course, I'm only responding to set the facts straight for those listening.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

You're talking as if "being made in bad faith" wasn't my basis for comparison, even though it's in the very first post I made in that thread...

You're acting as if I'm supposed to read all of your posts.
None of your posts that I replied to mentioned those words. I brought it up in our conversation when you wrongfully compared my post to the reason your thread got locked, citing off-topic and wall of text, which wasn't the case.

Secondly, even if I had read that previous post of yours, it doesn't matter because the thread was not under investigation/discussion for the issue you suggested.
And you did nothing to change that. You're supposed to use the Report button. Not post your grievances with past mod decisions taken against you while backseat moderating. Neither of which is allowed.

• Do not post these issues in the forums, outside of Moderator-Sanctioned threads, or on the moderator’s wall. Doing so may result in moderation action against you.

• Backseat Moderating in the forums will also be treated as Spamming, as it will derail the topic and conversation of the thread. You are not a moderator, so if you do feel like a user is breaking the rules, report them and move on. Let The Mod Team handle it (examples of Backseat Moderating include statements like, "Reported." "You should be banned for that." "I give you a week tops." "I've been banned for less.")

Lonely_Dolphin said:

I take it you're ignoring the majority of my post in that thread and zeroing in on my last comment. Pretending to be ignorant as to why a thread would be made in bad faith, that besides the point arguments aren't the obvious result. I know you know this though, because you already told me you did. "But it's not ok to pose dishonest questions just to trashtalk, and bait out reactions." My memory is pretty good after all eh?

No, the issue is you're ignorant of how the mod process works.

Let's assume you hit the report button, and raised the issue properly. (Which you didn't.)
That issue would require multiple mods to weigh in with their opinion, before reaching a consensus for a decision. This can take anything between a couple of minutes, to several days (that's quite common actually), depending on when everyone is available for brain storming, and how many posts they have to go through. And we had 7 other discussions/reports ongoing at the time the thread was made, dividing everyone's time, as I also told you.

By the time you started going on your tirade in the thread, we were about one more mod input away from locking that thread for going off the rails.
You want us to start the discussions all over again, for another potential issue that would result in the same action being taken?

The potential issue you raised wouldn't have sped things up, even if you had used the report button. Which again, you didn't.
If anything it would have slowed things down, given we were about one vote away from locking the thread anyway.
What did speed things up was you posting your mod grievances in there over and over again, which isn't allowed. Even after I told you to take such concerns to this thread, you still continued while ignoring a mod warning.

And when you do take it here, you can give some critique

10. Staff and Website Abuse - This is any unnecessary attacks or insults on Staff Members concerning Site Duties or attacking the site itself.

• Do not attack Staff. If there is a problem with anything done on (or to) VGChartz, we can have someone look at it. Some critiquing is okay (such as suggestions for site databases/fixes), but that's the extent of it. No bullying or continuous badgering will be allowed. This includes PMs, thread posts, wall posts, and any other Staff related conversation. A Head Moderator or Site Administrator can act against you should this be ignored or violated.
  • Do not attack the Website. Reasonable debate based on facts is acceptable, but repeated attacks and negative comments about the website will not be tolerated. People are here to discuss games and sales and doing nothing but attacking the site is disruptive to those who are trying to participate in a discussion. As with Staff, this also applies to PMs, thread posts, wall posts, and any other Site-related conversation.

Comments like "trying to hide your shame eh?" and being obnoxious doesn't qualify as 'some critique'.
But you are right, it was embarrassing having you continue your tirade in there, even after you were told to take such issues here, and blatantly ignoring the warning.

Lonely_Dolphin said:

Ha, you won't take my word for it but you expect me to take yours, the audacity! Also, you're going pitch blame on me for derailing the thread, despite me coming in after the fact, but wont acknowledge your own part in it. Such a lack of integrity and accountability, but I knew that much already. I don't expect you to care of course, I'm only responding to set the facts straight for those listening.

Actually, my comments in there were moderator business, raised in mod chat beforehand, while awaiting more inputs on whether or not to lock it.

The people I engaged with, you included, were people who were causing problems/breaking rules. Suggesting/ridiculing hypocrisy, based on some random person elsewhere on the internet who belongs to a group members here identify with, is a common toxic strategy and source of unnecessary squabbling, resulting in unnecessary extra work for us. Which leads to us being backed up with unnecessary cases to review, while a random Dolphin shows up and adds more to our plate. So we are cracking down on that.

If it weren't for some of those unnecessary quarrels people start/report, the decision to close the thread would have been possible to make sooner.
Since the issue of that thread was raised by a staff member, and before your tirade, only one other moderator aside from myself was even available in chat. And he didn't even address this thread. Again, thanks to being busy with the reports that came in before this issue + personal life, etc.

You not knowing this isn't an excuse for your behavior though. It's your responsibility to read the rules and follow proper protocol.

This is also why I wasn't aware of the potential issue you raised until the very end. I don't always have the time or luxury to independently review things that haven't been reported, when I'm in the middle of 7+ reports pending discussion, and dealing with troublemakers in a thread.
My focus was never directed at the OP, but at the people going off rails, and the troublemakers whom I tried to set straight. Don't assume that I watched the video when no one reported it, and it wasn't relevant to anything I was dealing with in the thread. And just stop these outbursts based on ignorant assumptions in general.

And before you say "you made assumptions about my Pokemon thread". That's part of my job.
You on the other hand are just breaking forum rules while being demonstrably wrong about the moderator process.

But since we're here, should we see how many people believe you made that Pokemon thread of yours in good faith?
That Nintendo should "deliberately make a 'bad game even worse' with microtransactions/lootboxes, and use that money on Nintendo's other 'better' titles instead"?
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241586&page=1

Yeah I'm sure a lot of Pokemon fans would be thrilled with that idea of making it worse. That thread was destined for some constructive discussion.
And given your frequent complaints over GameFreak in several threads, which lead to you getting a warning already, the assertions you threw in of how bad Pokemon is doesn't look suspicious at all.

If more people think your thread was made in good faith, I'll see if it can be re-opened.
If more people doubt you intentions, you shut up about this forever.

Since you're so confident in your thread, that's a great deal right?

If anything, you're lucky you only got away with just a locked thread for that ridiculous topic. Maybe we should review it again for trolling/flamebaiting instead?
It's not like you have a history of that sort of thing or causing issues relating to Pokemon/GameFreak, right?

And that's not counting the stunt you pulled the other day.
You chose a strange Poke-hill to die on. But might as well deal with this now because you certainly won't fail to bring it up any chance you get.

Last edited by Hiku - on 16 March 2020

Hiku said:

And before you say "you made assumptions about my Pokemon thread". That's part of my job.

At least you finally admit to that unintelligent notion, as well as making decisions based on mob rule.

I don't follow rules blindly, only if I agree with them. I say what I think where it will be the most relevant. If you don't like that then you should permaban me now.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Hiku said:

At least you finally admit to that unintelligent notion, as well as making decisions based on mob rule.

I don't follow rules blindly, only if I agree with them. I say what I think where it will be the most relevant. If you don't like that then you should permaban me now.

Unless there is anything that needs further attention, or the matter escalated, it's time to let this thread get back on track. You can discuss it with Hiku in a PM (if he's okay with that).

Around the Network

I’ll specify just to be sure: I agreed to the last part of the second paragraph, not the rest. @Unhappy_Dolphin.

I'm hereby requesting permission to create a new COMG thread. The OP of the current thread, Boutros, appears to have left the site.

theDX said:
I'm hereby requesting permission to create a new COMG thread. The OP of the current thread, Boutros, appears to have left the site.

If that's the case, I can temporarily change you to the OP. Should Boutros return, and wants to resume the role, we'll be able to work something out.

CGI-Quality said:
theDX said:

If that's the case, I can temporarily change you to the OP. Should Boutros return, and wants to resume the role, we'll be able to work something out.

I'm not interested in inheriting a thread that has over 1,000 pages and has people in it saying it "doesn't feel right" that I'm posting in it.

theDX said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'm not interested in inheriting a thread that has over 1,000 pages and has people in it saying it "doesn't feel right" that I'm posting in it.

I don't see why you couldn't just post the updates in the current COMG thread, the way others have done since Boutros' last update?