By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS is sold out in the whole usa since black friday, blame it on Pokemon mania and Nintendo's conservative expectations.

Whoever does Nintendo's forecasting is mildly stupid. They stock animal crossing Amiibo but under ship everything else.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Nintendo's doing it on purpose to create artificial demand.

Losing sales at the busiest time of the year is a small price to pay for all that demand.

But will that demand carry to the next year?  I've almost given up hope on NES Classic.  I'll just wait till sometime in Jan and hopefully it will easier to attain by then.  It isn't artificial it; is just overblown because the supply never met demand with NES Classic.  I think you should use another word than artificial. 

Apologies. It was sarcasm.

It was a dig at the idiots who think Nintendo purpoesfully constrains supply on everything because of cartridges and SF2 on the SNES or something.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
sethnintendo said:

But will that demand carry to the next year?  I've almost given up hope on NES Classic.  I'll just wait till sometime in Jan and hopefully it will easier to attain by then.  It isn't artificial it; is just overblown because the supply never met demand with NES Classic.  I think you should use another word than artificial. 

Apologies. It was sarcasm.

It was a dig at the idiots who think Nintendo purpoesfully constrains supply on everything because of cartridges and SF2 on the SNES or something.

Yeah people don't think when spouting this stuff.  Artificial scarcity only makes sense for a very SHORT term.  Like, the first shipment.  Constantly undersupplying only hurts Nintendo.