By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Super Mario Run’s Not-So-Super Gender Politics"

I really want to know if this woman did a quick Google search and discovered Super Princess Peach.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Obviously, this asshole journalist is just looking for sexism wherever he can find it. So what if you can't play as Peach from the beginning. If he has a problem with that, he can get an NES Classic Edition and play Super Mario Bros. 2 if he wants to play as Peach from beginning to end.

Then there's the other thing that irks me. Why do a lot of people act like Rey in Star Wars is some kind major leap forward with female presentations in action movies. Leia was also a badass who didn't take shit. Padme was the same way. Rey isn't all that different other than her background. It is also worth pointing out that just like Leia and to a lesser extent Padme, Rey is also kidnapped and has to be rescued.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

thekitchensink said:
I really want to know if this woman did a quick Google search and discovered Super Princess Peach.

One game is obviously not enough, mate! That game needs 10 sequels.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

People think I'm an asshole for thinking we need another plague, but people like this help justify my cause.

Anyway, this article is awful. Hell, even if he took a gender-politics course (which I've been a part of) he'd be laughed at for writing such a shit article.

Feminism is a disease.

Around the Network
DonaldJTrump said:
Feminism is a disease.

Says someone with Trump on his name.

Goodnightmoon said:
DonaldJTrump said:
Feminism is a disease.

Yeah, but unfortunately he's right  these days. I can't believe people are being paid (!) to write stuff like this article. 

hershel_layton said:
Pavolink said:

Yep. Mulan is better than anything Disney has done these last years.

Let's not forget that Ariel was also strong.

Moana and the princess from Brave can also be added to that list. I especially like how Moana had a close relationship with Maui.

Surprised  how being an introvert and asshole somehow makes you inspiring to women. She

Nobody here talks Lilo&Stitch? not only had the movie a female lead, she also lost her parents.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Louie said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yeah, but unfortunately he's right  these days. I can't believe people are being paid (!) to write stuff like this article. 

Not really, feminism is still definitely needed, radical feminism maybe not, at least not on every country.

Faelco said:
Jumpin said:

I think you're mixing up feminism with androgenism.

I'm not an expert in feminism (I usually don't like feminists), but isn't "Women should be as strong and independent as men" one of their motto? Mulan, Brave and Moana are proofs of that, Frozen is not.

It's not really that women should be as strong as men, because genetically it's undeniable that men are generally stronger. However, feminists (at least the rational ones) argue that women shouldn't be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their differences, as they are still very capable beings.