By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2016 - Finish Your Lists!!

Going to skip the rest of my games and go to top 5. Starting off obscure. (I hope)

5: "You flaming idiots, take this!" First cutscene quote you might hear when starting this game.
4: Much like an anime, you are mysteriously transported into an unknown world and you have to solve their problems.
3: You can crit if you synchronize a strike and a button press perfectly.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
3. You have to kill 16 enemies and turn yourself into one of them to save a single girl.

Shadow of the Collossus?

S.Peelman said:
#2: The greatest plot-twist ever that made me literally fall from my chair for never realizing it before. "What, it's me?!"

I'm guessing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Farsala said:
Going to skip the rest of my games and go to top 5. Starting off obscure. (I hope)

5: "You flaming idiots, take this!" First cutscene quote you might hear when starting this game.
4: Much like an anime, you are mysteriously transported into an unknown world and you have to solve their problems.

#3: Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy VIII

Signature goes here!

Farsala said:

5. Dynasty Warriors 3
4. Digimon World
3. Super Mario RPG?

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Farsala said:

#3: Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy VIII is correct.

Farsala said:
BraLoD said:
3. You have to kill 16 enemies and turn yourself into one of them to save a single girl.

Shadow of the Collossus?

Yes, and you ninja'd Darashiva and made him edit his post XD

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:

5. Dynasty Warriors 3
4. Digimon World
3. Super Mario RPG?

Dynasty Warriors 3 and Digimon World is correct. My next 2 are quite popular games, so I am going to have to really think of some hard hints xD.

Darashiva said:
S.Peelman said:
#2: The greatest plot-twist ever that made me literally fall from my chair for never realizing it before. "What, it's me?!"

I'm guessing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

The one and only.

#3 Freespace 2

Freespace 2 is a masterpiece, plain and simple. It's the best game in its genre, even 17 years after its original release in 1999. Not a single other game of its kind has ever featured such masterful mission structuring, where events often unfold in surprising, yet always logical ways. The gameplay has a lot of depth, while being simple enough to learn that everyone can easily play the game. The fact that there is a strong community still surrounding the game speaks volumes about its quality. Fans have kept Freespace 2 alive for nearly two decades, updating its graphics and even creating their own games based on its engine. Freespace 2 is such a great game in my opinion that it will likely never fall out of my top three. 

Hint for my #2: 

A JRPG that has attained cult status over the years since its release. Many fans, including me, still hope that someday it will get a sequel on a modern console. There's at least one person here who knows exactly what game I am talking about.