By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Calls Scorpio “The Only Console” Capable Of “True 4K” and “Hi-Fidelity VR”

Given Microsofts poor track record to stay on their words I highly doubt it. Plus their competitor will have a healthy lead over it. But the marketing rivalry is exciting nonthaless.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
TH-Work said:

I would not consider those games as AAA ;) AAA Games for me are Uncharted 4, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2 or Assassin's Creed ;)

Besides  uncharted 4 thisw are lame games.

Give me star  ocean,final Fantasy, sword art online.

But klaud those games dont run at 4k with 6tflops and power super duber pixels.

Nope,but they are 100x more fun then anything  Microsoft  has.

I am sorry, I had to read this with a dutch accent, and this was awesome =P

OT: Nice specs, but at what cost?

The first console to do 8 tflops / Checkerboard 8K / 420 GBs memory bandwidth / Super High Fidelity VR / 9 CPU cores! - Holiday 2018 Sony

The first console to do 10 tflops / True 8 K gaming / 520 GBs memory bandwidth / Super Duper High Fidelity VR / 10 Cpu cores! - Holiday 2019 MS

They should just keep making ads

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Soooooo much Negativity!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

4K@ 30fps is not "true 4K gaming", in my opinion. Frame rates over resolution. I chose to stick with 1440p for this gen, mainly due to frame rates. So 4K, 30fps and almost no pp effects, that's not "true" in any sense of the word, besides possibly being native 4K.

I'll believe it when I see it, but seeing as how my monster rig can't really handle 4K gaming, I have serious doubt that an affordable mainstream device will be anywhere near at the end of 2017.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
4K@ 30fps is not "true 4K gaming", in my opinion. Frame rates over resolution. I chose to stick with 1440p for this gen, mainly due to frame rates. So 4K, 30fps and almost no pp effects, that's not "true" in any sense of the word, besides possibly being native 4K.

I'll believe it when I see it, but seeing as how my monster rig can't really handle 4K gaming, I have serious doubt that an affordable mainstream device will be anywhere near at the end of 2017.

It will have select titles at native 4K/60fps just like the ps4 pro has and then have titles at 4K/30fps and probably also have titles at dynamic resolution or something similar to checkerboard in action. 

But that sounds boring in an ad. It's definitely less fun for Internet message boards. 

Marco....

The real question is:

Will battlefield 1 double its pixel count to 180?

Marco....

Lrdfancypants said:
The real question is:

Will battlefield 1 double its pixel count to 180?

180 pixels and 20 fps for the win!

You guys sure have a lot to say about.....what.....? An image that says basically all the same stuff they said about the Scorpio at E3?

How does this get that much of a rise out of you?

Anyways screw it... what does it even really matter?

Once you start going over 1080p.... resolution really matters less and less.
I dont care if its running 1080p x2 upscaled to 4k, or native.

Chances are you ll need a magnifying glass to spot any differences.

Tell me this looks bad:

http://www.playscope.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/horizonzerodawn_psmeeting2016screens_0005.jpg?x95152

http://www.playscope.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/horizonzerodawn_psmeeting2016screens_0004.jpg?x95152

http://www.playscope.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/horizonzerodawn_psmeeting2016screens_0001.jpg?x95152

PS4pro is capable of some insane levels of graphics.