By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Preview Trailer

Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

Succes is debatable. But a company's product has to be called what the company calls it

Like if a company calls a 6 inch screen a mobile phone, it's aphone not a tablet

Doesn`t really work like that.

If some company tried to sell me a banana saying it was an apple I`d say back to them `that`s not a banana, it`s an apple you idiot!`. I don`t see any reason why I should treat Nintendo any different than any other company.

Wel you can call it a sandwitch console for all icare, I'd like to think of it as a Portable Home Console

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
More or less what I expected, I'm not sold on the idea so far, it looks like a more advanced Wii U in many ways and it still appears to aim for tablet customers, which is a mistake with home console games, in my humble opinion.

How would you feel if the screen on the controller was strictly look-but-don't-touch?

burninmylight said:
Mummelmann said:
More or less what I expected, I'm not sold on the idea so far, it looks like a more advanced Wii U in many ways and it still appears to aim for tablet customers, which is a mistake with home console games, in my humble opinion.

How would you feel if the screen on the controller was strictly look-but-don't-touch?

For my part, it wouldn't make a difference since I only play games with controllers and mouse + keyboard, I'm not a fan of touch screen controls, not even for interface use and browsing files, web etc. For me, it doesn't matter.

Mummelmann said:
burninmylight said:

For my part, it wouldn't make a difference since I only play games with controllers and mouse + keyboard, I'm not a fan of touch screen controls, not even for interface use and browsing files, web etc. For me, it doesn't matter.

OK, but the reason I asked is because a  screen without touch capabilities means that it is definitely not an advanced Wii U OR tablet in concept, and that it is built with traditional gaming in mind. You indicated that's why you're not sold on the idea, albeit you may have meant in terms of its success on the market instead of for yourself.

cuecolez said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Hey, a brazilian =) Nice to see you buddy. I live in São Paulo. 

Ribeirão Preto aqui :)

cuecolez said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Hey, a brazilian =) Nice to see you buddy. I live in São Paulo. 

Ribeirão Preto aqui :)

São José dos Campos :D/

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Mummelmann said:

OK, but the reason I asked is because a  screen without touch capabilities means that it is definitely not an advanced Wii U OR tablet in concept, and that it is built with traditional gaming in mind. You indicated that's why you're not sold on the idea, albeit you may have meant in terms of its success on the market instead of for yourself.

I'm talking more about the market, yes. Personally, I will consider it, depending on the price, we know there are some amazing games coming for it. I'll only be using it as a home console though. It's been so long since I owned a Nintendo console, it's way overdue.

At the risk of my first ban:

One Year Later...

Oh, I remember this. It took a couple of months for me to desalinate after being seduced beforehand by the NX rumors of TFlops, Polaris and supplemental computing devices.

lol that was fun to read back through all of the initial reactions... lots of doomsday stuff in there mixed with absolute euphoria. I won't quote anyone as we've all been wrong in the past, but it's worth a view to get a sense of how difficult it can be to make accurate predictions.

Disappointed to see I didn't post in it, but if I recall correctly I was busy watching it about 20 times over and looking to see how my favorite youtubers received it (mostly mixed to slightly optimistic).

Damn looking at the first posts reminded me of Onion's RDR2 bet. Anyone still have that thread? It was gold.