By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Preview Trailer

potato_hamster said:
mutantsushi said:

Agreed.  Yeah, it's kind of funny that there doesn't seem a reason why you need ever detach the mini-controllers from the tablet.
And just use a "normal" controller when docked.  Although I expect they will charge you extra for that. 

mobile multiplayer. You can give one of the halves to your buddy so they can control the game with a miniature SNES controller.

Yeah, there's that... I'm not seeing the point of the "sandwich" core though...
Although I guess it's cheaper to include that than full controller.
But it looks like the real controllers will be noticeably better, so no real reason to use the "sandwich" except as a backup.

Curious what they do on the price... Or if they do offer a 'tablet only' bundle without dock + controller sandwich for $50 less etc.
Honestly, the "Switch" name seems to make the hybrid aspect so central to the concept that I doubt they would do the above.
If they can get it down to $250 at least in a smaller-storage-capacity economy model, that will help IMHO.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Interesting. However, this thing needs to be $199, $249 AT MAX, for it to succeed. If Nintendo thinks they can get $299-$399 for this thing, they're fooling themselves. Also, that Dpad is pure shit.

Keep in mind you are paying one time for 2 devices more or less, I mean I have the Vita / PS4 for a similar effect here which features some cross buy games, but this is one payment for both your handheld and your home console device, and every time you buy a game for it... you have both versions by default because it's the same system, given the 2 console rational I could see it being closer to 400 and still be happy with the cost as long as the software is there to back it up.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
thismeintiel said:
Interesting. However, this thing needs to be $199, $249 AT MAX, for it to succeed. If Nintendo thinks they can get $299-$399 for this thing, they're fooling themselves. Also, that Dpad is pure shit.

Keep in mind you are paying one time for 2 devices more or less, I mean I have the Vita / PS4 for a similar effect here which features some cross buy games, but this is one payment for both your handheld and your home console device, and every time you buy a game for it... you have both versions by default because it's the same system, given the 2 console rational I could see it being closer to 400 and still be happy with the cost as long as the software is there to back it up.

Exactly. I think anyone expecting $250 or less are fooling themselves. It is simply not possible, unless Nintendo offers the portable part alone.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Not and hardware expert, but let's say that the console has a similar power than One/PS4, and powered by a Nvidia chip. What could it be a resonable price, knowing now the form factor, that the console is portable, and the dock won't really add to the price that much? I've seen a lot of people posting random numbers, but I would like something more specific.

I actually really like the design. I'll need to see how it feels in my hands to be sure, but it looks nice.

(sorry I don't have anything more interesting to add 79 pages in xD)

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

I just needed to share this:

LOL XD

Yeah this is the only combo that looks silly to me.  I would much rather leave them apart, wii remote/nunchuk style.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

on home consoles. do you really want me to clarify it down to a tee.

Home consoles? But the Switch is a handheld that has an adapter to plug it in to a TV...

According to the BIg N its a primarily a home console

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Home consoles? But the Switch is a handheld that has an adapter to plug it in to a TV...

I`m sure according to them the Wii U was going to be a highly desirable product and be a huge success. Other people saw it differently though...

Ka-pi96 said:
Eagle367 said:

I`m sure according to them the Wii U was going to be a highly desirable product and be a huge success. Other people saw it differently though...

Succes is debatable. But a company's product has to be called what the company calls it

Like if a company calls a 6 inch screen a mobile phone, it's aphone not a tablet

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Succes is debatable. But a company's product has to be called what the company calls it

Like if a company calls a 6 inch screen a mobile phone, it's aphone not a tablet

Doesn`t really work like that.

If some company tried to sell me a banana saying it was an apple I`d say back to them `that`s not a banana, it`s an apple you idiot!`. I don`t see any reason why I should treat Nintendo any different than any other company.