By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Preview Trailer

Goodnightmoon said:

I just needed to share this:



LOL XD

Yeah. It looks slick but strange at the same time. I think i'm going with the extra controller :-p.



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

I just needed to share this:



LOL XD

F*** that... Buying a pro controller instead :p



Now that March 2017 has been reiterated yet again, pretty safe to say March 2017 is a lock for the release.

Also, I'm cautiously optimistic for the system itself. The concept looks cool, loving Skyrim on the go, Breath of the Wild looks excellent, new Mario game OMG!!, and the ports of Splatoon & Mario Kart are pretty sweet.

Will have to see how things like storage space and battery life pan out, but overall it looks like a neat system :)

Also YES I NEED MORE INFO NAO!!!!



JRPGfan said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I just needed to share this:



LOL XD

F*** that... Buying a pro controller instead :p

It's kind of cute! XD

It does looks weird but maybe is confortable, who knows, the wiiu gamepad was miles more confortable than what it looked like, even if is not the best thing to hold for very long sessions xd



mountaindewslave said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Ugh, to big to fit in my pocket, my one issue if they did indeed go the hybrid route, but otherwise, I love it! Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! Despite the popular opinion, Wii U level power is a good thing as it means easier and faster game development and porting of once Wii U titles like the next Animal Crossing. Course somehow they still have many third partys on board, but we'll have to see if that last.

Wii U power level for a portable done well is actually pretty impressive and aggressive at this time. There are really powerful phones and tablets, sure, but they're not dedicated to gaming so its an apples and oranges comparison. 

 

Ah true, so this will still be a huge jump for most Nintendo gamers then. Also by third party I ment western devs as Japan should be on board with the portability.

Gods I cannot wait to see Pokemon on this thing!



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Considering the PS1 mostly used CD audio for the soundtrack to it's games... and had a massive 1 or 2 MB of memory for the full system any time it needed to dart between getting game data and soundtrack audio you could hear the laser head darting back and forth to keep audio running and read game info... Psone was less noisy but man, the old Grey Station, no that shit was noisy coming up from the SNES and alongside the N64

I've always had the latest versions.
PSone, PS2 Slim, PS3 Super Slim.
Maybe that's it, but I clearly remember when doing research on which to get, Slim or Super Slim, I came into A LOT of negativity around the Super Slim, both regarding noise and heating, and as I ended up getting it, I can say for sure it was never even noticable to me on any point, so there is a bunch of missinformation about this things out there. Never really had a problem with any of my disc systems making noises, at any point.

I heard the bad things too, but I started off with a PS3 Slim and that thing is almost silent... compared to my other console at the time which is a launch model 360, if you ever need to drown out the sound of a hoover or so in the house or drilling outside you can turn on a launch model 360 and just breath in that whirling and blowing as you can actively hear it trying not to red ring... it's still going, now 11 years old and only seems to get louder as time goes by.

Also picked up a ps3 from launch later on for full ps2 backwards compat, that is slightly loud.... but still, can always pop on my 360 and go to my happy place where the only sound which exists is coming from that.



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
BraLoD said:

I've always had the latest versions.
PSone, PS2 Slim, PS3 Super Slim.
Maybe that's it, but I clearly remember when doing research on which to get, Slim or Super Slim, I came into A LOT of negativity around the Super Slim, both regarding noise and heating, and as I ended up getting it, I can say for sure it was never even noticable to me on any point, so there is a bunch of missinformation about this things out there. Never really had a problem with any of my disc systems making noises, at any point.

I heard the bad things too, but I started off with a PS3 Slim and that thing is almost silent... compared to my other console at the time which is a launch model 360, if you ever need to drown out the sound of a hoover or so in the house or drilling outside you can turn on a launch model 360 and just breath in that whirling and blowing as you can actively hear it trying not to red ring... it's still going, now 11 years old and only seems to get louder as time goes by.

Also picked up a ps3 from launch later on for full ps2 backwards compat, that is slightly loud.... but still, can always pop on my 360 and go to my happy place where the only sound which exists is coming from that.

LOL XD



Einsam_Delphin said:
Ugh, to big to fit in my pocket, my one issue if they did indeed go the hybrid route, but otherwise, I love it! Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! Despite the popular opinion, Wii U level power is a good thing as it means easier and faster game development and porting of once Wii U titles like the next Animal Crossing. Course somehow they still have many third partys on board, but we'll have to see if that last.

From the the nVidia press release it seems they made a full set of tools to easily get all the power out of the chips. Plus with Unity and UE current engines it there are plenty of tools for the developers to use. (On the developer list there are a few delopement tool partners, on is Epic and the other Unity so both the current engines, as I have said it a little oversimplification but there is almost no barrier to porting if you use on of those two tools in develope. (Time and Money are still a factor.)



*sits by PC and waits for pre-orders to open*



Interesting. However, this thing needs to be $199, $249 AT MAX, for it to succeed. If Nintendo thinks they can get $299-$399 for this thing, they're fooling themselves. Also, that Dpad is pure shit.