By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVR: Quickest Sellout In GameStop’s History

This VR thing could be a fad or it could be the future. The problem is that we won't really know in the first year, as most people are Lemmings. People will buy whatever Sony/Whoever says is high tech and the thing they need. Just look at all the presells.

Anyone with just a little common sense should know that the first gen PSVR will be a very low end VR experience based on price alone, let alone the power of the PS4 itself. Assuming VR doesn't get ruined by these first gen experiences for the general public, the real VR won't hit for 2-3 years at least.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

List of games that will support PSVR 

FreakingBigListofPSVRgamesalreadyannounced~

Gran Turismo and Ace Combat is already THE winning combo for lil'B.
Even as if I'll probably never have a PSVR XP

Arrgh, and history repeats itself, I will be buying poor investment peripheral because of Ace Combat. I did it with 6, I guess I will do it with 7. Given thankfully I don't have to buy it day 1, and no one knows when Ace Combat 7 releases. 

SWORDF1SH said:

It definitely happens less with PS fans. In this case though I think celador plays PS and genuinely didn't know about PSVR support but I know some people will take his post and run with it.

Baring in mind that there are less games and less variety on the XB1, can you link me to a single article or a single thread in which this has been discussed? Yes, you can link me to plenty of list threads proving the false narrative wrong, but that's a response not a pushed agenda. I'd have to assume PS4 fans are more laid back and comfortable with their purchase. I can think of no other explanation.

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
Acevil said:

Arrgh, and history repeats itself, I will be buying poor investment peripheral because of Ace Combat. I did it with 6, I guess I will do it with 7. Given thankfully I don't have to buy it day 1, and no one knows when Ace Combat 7 releases. 

What you mean you did it with 6? Ace Combat doesn't have a 6, isn't not on PS, it's not Ace Combat!

We still have to see anything about the game itself, even as AC is AC, it's pretty easy to know what will we get, but I hope VR is well implemented on it.

I know you are joking, but this is that device

Interesting news. Without numbers it's hard to tell how impressive this is.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
baloofarsan said:

Netyaroze said:
I think many people here overestimate the initial impact of VR. As a CV1 owner I see the potential in the technology. But I can also see its current limitations. PS VR might be a big hit but not on the scale of usual console peripherals. I think 1-5 Million PS VR owners would be absolutely great especially considering that the technology is like TV in the 1920s, the true value of VR will be apparent in the next 2 decades. Its going to change the world substantially.

1 - 5 million in userbase. What developer would make games for a platform with half of the userbase that Saturn or Dreamcast had? Sony will have to make  almost all games themself.

Well I dont expect titles of the magnitude of GTA or Skyrim to be released exclusively on PS VR. It will be small to medium sized games. Or console games with  VR mode. I doubt Sony or others will invest huge amounts of money for development. There is Rift Software and Vive Software coming out every week. And both headsets have roughly 200000 Units sold, combined if the last data can be trusted.  

Netyaroze said:
baloofarsan said:

1 - 5 million in userbase. What developer would make games for a platform with half of the userbase that Saturn or Dreamcast had? Sony will have to make  almost all games themself.

Well I dont expect titles of the magnitude of GTA or Skyrim to be released exclusively on PS VR. It will be small to medium sized games. Or console games with  VR mode. I doubt Sony or others will invest huge amounts of money for development. There is Rift Software and Vive Software coming out every week. And both headsets have roughly 200000 Units sold, combined if the last data can be trusted.  

I agree with you. Though I see 2 million units as the minimum for PSVR with likely sales of between 3 and 5 million units lifetime. 

Sony has said themselves that demand is higher than expected and that this is the beginning of a very long road for them.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well if you intentionally constrain supply, of course stock with sell out quickly. If we don't have numbers, than I find this as meaningful as Apple saying the iPhone is selling better than ever because it sold out quickly. What about numbers?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

like others have said, when you have minimal shipments and stock,of course it will sell out quickly

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

barneystinson69 said:

Well if you intentionally constrain supply, of course stock with sell out quickly. If we don't have numbers, than I find this as meaningful as Apple saying the iPhone is selling better than ever because it sold out quickly. What about numbers?

Sony are constraining supply? 

But yes numbers would be nice.