By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What’s In The Xbox Update Coming This Summer - Cortana, New library, Store Convergence and more

Will it include a big red button to preorder the Scorpio?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

vivster said:
Will it include a big red button to preorder the Scorpio?

The way Microsoft is going these days it will just be a manditory upgrade that will automaticly charge your credit card durring the next 'critical update'.

Edited to add quoted reply..

Versus_Evil said:
Shadis said:

The way Microsoft is going these days it will just be a manditory upgrade that will automaticly charge your credit card durring the next 'critical update'.

What.

I should have quoted the reply I was replying to..but I didn't.  So yeah that was not clear at all.  I edited my reply to, hopefully, make it more clear.

I'm excited!

Can't wait to try the update. It's getting harder and harder to come up with things the XB1 can't do. My wish list:
-Download images from the browser
-Animated background images
-Streamlined, more PC like browser
-use our mp3s on the console (custom soundtracks)
-Youtube Red (save videos, play music without the app open)
-Dish/DirecTV app

Of course these are all things I can do with a multitude of devices but I want to do them all on my XB1 so I don't have to use any other device!

Why will they still not let me use Jen Taylor for the voice of Cortana?

Around the Network

Cortana is actually pretty good. the OS is still glitchy, as heck. especially in the store.
I do like how my games and apps is a tile, and now you can determine the size of the icon instead of the horrible 2x2 style. also I like to be able to scroll vertically instead of horizontally, other than that it's cleaned up i.e less tabs. but it stills feel the same for me. the incremental upgrades are welcomed. I'm hoping E3 brings a giant list of new BC titles.

Max Payne 3 please

I've never actually found a use for Cortana in Windows 10 so I turned it off. Every time I've asked a question, all it does is open Bing. Woo. I can imagine it being much more useful in the more focused Xbox setting, though, assuming they give it a lot of customization.

pokoko said:
I've never actually found a use for Cortana in Windows 10 so I turned it off. Every time I've asked a question, all it does is open Bing. Woo. I can imagine it being much more useful in the more focused Xbox setting, though, assuming they give it a lot of customization.

I honestly only use her on my phone, directions etc but also for silly stuff like 'should I wear a coat today?'

Xbox fans deserve it. Great console

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Got it this morning and loving the update. Still toying with it.

Also, anybody play Ori and the Blind Forest? This game is incredible. I may be close to beating it. One of the best games I've ever played.