By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Roll Call - A Feast of Crows

Einsam_Delphin said:
Shadow8 said:

Day 8 of being a crow 

Today I've met crows like me that were once humans. All the ones I spoke to before have turned completely by now, but these two seemed...special. They're names were Sasha and Jason, they were apparently brother and sister who got turned the very first day alongside their parents. They've been looking for them for a week now with no luck. I decided to help them. Not because I was worried about them, but more like I was...interested in them. It's been eight days since they turned and yet I can tell that they still have all of their humanity. I'm starting to lose it myself already and yet it seems like they could go an entire month without losing it. I wanna stay close to my family, but if I truly want to protect them, then I need to do this and find a way to keep my humanity!

Strange, I've somehow not lost a hint of humanity since becoming a crow.

That's all in your head. You probably have lost your humanity already, you just don't know it yet. You're psyche is trying to protect you by making you completely ignorant of the reality you're facing.

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

That's all in your head. You probably have lost your humanity already, you just don't know it yet. You're psyche is trying to protect you by making you completely ignorant of the reality you're facing.

I guess you didn't get the joke. :L

Einsam_Delphin said:
Shadow8 said:

I guess you didn't get the joke. :L

:o...

Is it that you're "crow " avy is actually a human?

superchunk said:

Why are all of you changing your avatars to crows?

This is the OP of the thread in question:

Put your money where your mouth is, we have two groups at war on this board over this and with E3 in just two months one of them could be here eating Crow. Go on then, which year do you believe the console replacement of the Wii U arrives, we already have some vocal members on this. Take note on how it's only about the platform replacing the Wii U so a portable version of NX if one is about doesn't factor in here.

I personally think the losing camp all should have crow avatars for a month, any other bets can be made among users themselves.

Where in that thread does it make a "bet" condition? All that is noted is the personal thought of the OP and  suggestion to make bets.

I wrote 2016 as it was what Nintendo themselves were planning at the time. I did not agree to any avatar bet as I never would have posted in the thread if that were the case. I have NEVER changed my avatar since I started this site in 2006 and never plan on changing it. It is me.

Aye, a lot of people have just came in and disagreed with the fact that the line there is a bet which both parties are agree'ing on, some people here are just doing it in good humour but indeed if your avatar is something you don't want to change I don't think the mods have had any say one way or the other on this being an actual bet for the control of it.

Outside of doing 1 thing to Rol and closing other threads on the forum trying to cause segregation over this, but yeah in terms of enforcing the change of your avatar you're fine for not doing it.

On topic though - Shadow those posts kill me :) and Basil is no longer black! how can you traverse mountains now?!

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:

On topic though - Shadow those posts kill me :) and Basil is no longer black! how can you traverse mountains now?!

I got my airship yo!

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
Hedra42 said:
LipeJJ said:
I ran away and refused to accept my loss. I hid myself behind my friend's skirts, but here I am accepting the crow.

That is, if someone bother making a cool crow avy for me (based on my current one).

Mwahahahahaha!

Sounds like a challenge. If you're still willing, I could have a go at crowifying it tomorrow. Lemme know

Sure! Thank you, crow buddy.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Hedra42 said:

Sounds like a challenge. If you're still willing, I could have a go at crowifying it tomorrow. Lemme know

I'll take a screen grab from your avvie here and get started.

superchunk said:

Why are all of you changing your avatars to crows?

This is the OP of the thread in question:

Put your money where your mouth is, we have two groups at war on this board over this and with E3 in just two months one of them could be here eating Crow. Go on then, which year do you believe the console replacement of the Wii U arrives, we already have some vocal members on this. Take note on how it's only about the platform replacing the Wii U so a portable version of NX if one is about doesn't factor in here.

I personally think the losing camp all should have crow avatars for a month, any other bets can be made among users themselves.

Where in that thread does it make a "bet" condition? All that is noted is the personal thought of the OP and  suggestion to make bets.

I wrote 2016 as it was what Nintendo themselves were planning at the time. I did not agree to any avatar bet as I never would have posted in the thread if that were the case. I have NEVER changed my avatar since I started this site in 2006 and never plan on changing it. It is me.

As your question is directed at those who have changed our avvies, then it should probably be one of us that answers it.

The reason why we're all changing our avatars is because the majority of us that took part in the Banquet of Crow thread interpreted the OP this way:

Put your money where your mouth is = Show by your actions, not just your words, that you mean what you say.

We have two groups at war on this board over this and with E3 in just two months, one of them could be here eating Crow. = There's going to be a win / lose challenge about to be set up here.

Go on then, which year do you believe the console replacement of the Wii U arrives, = The challenge

Take note on how it's only about the platform replacing the Wii U so a portable version of NX if one is about doesn't factor in here. = Clarification of said challenge

I personally think the losing camp all should have crow avatars for a month = Setting the forfeit for the losing camp and at the same time implying that the challenge (and the forfeit) is informal

any other bets can be made among users themselves. = The implication that this can be interpreted as an informal bet.

So, for most of us it was: "I'm challenging you to take part in an informal bet, where you guess which year the home console version of the NX comes out, and where you change your avvie to a crow for a month if you lose."

We have entered into the spirit of the challenge with the sense of fun that was intended. The good natured spirit was underlined by Darwinian's poster showing avatars on the 2016 and 2017 camps. Those of us who are now enjoying Crowdom are in the process of being immortalised on a Crow collage.

Some people didn't 'get it' in the same way we did, though; either because they didn't read the OP, or else they interpreted the OP in a different way from the majority.

Of those people:

- Some have just shrugged and changed their avvies to be good sports when it was explained to them.

- Some have said 'OK, thanks, but I'm keeping my avvie,' or 'I didn't get it, so I'm not doing it'. (Looks like from your post, you fall into this category.)

- A few individuals have taken the whole thing way too seriously, to the point where they've gone to great lengths to support why they didn't lose/take part/are exempt. They have even tried to question the validity of the event itself. All this has resulted in them coming across as bad losers, and has attracted trouble. Some people (from both winning and losing camps) have unfortunately antagonised these individuals further, and the resulting back and forth between them has tainted the fun element of the whole thing.

It was only an informal bet. Nobody is pressuring you to change your avatar if you don't want to, (although if you did want to join in the fun, you'd get on the collage and be part of forum history. )

Some people who have gone crow have done it by making just a slight alteration to their normal avvie as a compromise. I've attempted to modify an avvie for LipeJJ for example. (see two posts down from this). If you were happy for Cartman to have a crow sitting on his head for a bit, I could help you out with that, too.

But if you would prefer not to change your avatar, that's still fine. It's entirely up to you.

Wonktonodi said:
Aeolus451 said:

Could you please read the title and the op. Does it say anything about any bets or predictions before the feast of crows thread? Isn't this particular thread about checking the avatars for the 2016 people? Take it to a wall, if you don't want to let it go.

it doesn't even say the civil way thread in the op or even 2016. It has a list of names there including people who didn't agree to the bet.

However what I was saying to bigtalika does aplly to you as well in some ways. I'm in here because several users bring up there "winnning" elsewhere, as well as hounding other users elsewhere. So here seems a very apropriate place to tell you guys to be more humble, to remember that many of the users who took it as a bet, did make it clear in there post in the thread or only put a year, I was also pointing out how hounding a prediction in that threat that said March 2017 as the latest makes no sence when bigtalikka had even said Nov. 2017 which is more wrong. For something to be in good fun, you're ruining the experience on here for some of us who had nothing to do with it.

Had you guys done that, I wouldn't be here. So no, this shouln't just go on one persons wall, you as a community should be doing much better than you are.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7884134

Well that didn't take long, lol.

The issue is (even as you have said yourself), even with the Nov 2017 "prediction" (which I even said I definitely am not saying it WILL happen at the end) it doesn't negate my 2017 predictions which make me right, even when looking at March 2017. 

Next, the thread that even predicted March 2017, the user didn't stick with that date. If so, the user would have been right. However, he predicted a release of 2016, so he got it "more wrong"  wrong compared to my 2017.

So basically, you are going against your own rules of not being able to pick specific predictions (and even using a prediction I said "I definitely am not saying it will happen") to try and paint a picture of "more right" and "more wrong", further ruining the experience for others here by dragging this out further. You're part of the problem now.

But I will be willing to discuss this further on my wall if you'd like. I'm calling a cease fire on this thread.

*Note*  " for "more right" and "more wrong" are used being that there is no such thing as being "more right" or "more wrong". You are either right or wrong. You can be closer to the right answer, but that does not make you "more right".

LipeJJ said:
Hedra42 said:

Here are a couple of options. Lemme know what you think.