By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dark Souls III is Bandai Namco America’s fastest selling title ever

Definitely deserves it.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Seems it will outsell Bloodborne

Probably but Bloodborne did not involve Bandai Namco America. So all it has to beat is Dark Souls series.

WoodenPints said:
Ruler said:

It's on 3 platforms compared to Bloodborne so thats a given.

It isn't a given, since there are several cases of exclusives selling more than multiplats. But it definitely is more likely for multiplats to outsell exclusives.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Farsala said:
Ruler said:

Probably but Bloodborne did not involve Bandai Namco America. So all it has to beat is Dark Souls series.

Yup Bloodborne was published by Sony themselves.

Completely deserved!!! Dark Souls 3 is a masterpiece!!!

Around the Network

Happy to hear.

With news like that, Namco will probably try to get FromSoft to make more DarkSouls, but speaking for myself, I´m tired of the themes surrounding the series...undead and curses, linking the fire and all that, so definitely keep the 'Souls formula' and apply it to different settings like they did with Bloodborne, which is 'Lovecraftian Souls'.

These Souls games have become my favorite games currently, so my personal dream is to see one inspired by Sci-Fi/HR Giger style.

Good news. This is my first Souls game (aside from Bloodborne) and Im loving it.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

JGarret said:
Happy to hear.

With news like that, Namco will probably try to get FromSoft to make more DarkSouls, but speaking for myself, I´m tired of the themes surrounding the series...undead and curses, linking the fire and all that, so definitely keep the 'Souls formula' and apply it to different settings like they did with Bloodborne, which is 'Lovecraftian Souls'.

These Souls games have become my favorite games currently, so my personal dream is to see one inspired by Sci-Fi/HR Giger style.

I'd rather see From Software doing something different altogether, and leave the blueprints for another game like this somewhere in the future. In fact I'd love seeing From doing some horror games, would be cool.

Well deserved as amazing game.

As much as I love it I'd be fine with expansions and waiting a while for Dark Souls IV.

+130 000 peak concurrent players on Steam during the first weekend, suggests well over 400 000 copies sold on the first week for Dark Souls 3 PC version (the vast majority being digital download ofc). I think  I saw Steamspy had it at 600K even, first week.

I'm so happy that PC gamers acknowledge these great games when console players don't, relatively speaking. These games struggle to sell even 2 million on consoles sadly.