By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Dark Souls III is Bandai Namco America’s fastest selling title ever

Source is Gematsu.com (Remember to check the source)

Author is Sal Romano

Dark Souls III is Bandai Namco America’s fastest selling title ever

From Software's latest action RPG breaks company records.

Dark Souls III is Bandai Namco Entertainment America’s fastest selling title ever, the company announced.  

The From Software-developed PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC action RPG launched last week to ” rave reviews and incredibly strong first week sales,” breaking records for the most successful day-one launch and fastest-selling title in the company’s history.

Chances of Dark Souls 3 being the highest-selling Souls game to date?

Around the Network

Are we talking about new IP this generation or are we talking about new IP published by the publisher this generation thats new and is it best selling or biggest selling and was it the number one selling product on a particular console on a certain day of the week and did they forget to declare it a masterpiece and haters be damned?

Oh... it was the best launch for BNA ever. Okay that easy to understand... almost too easy.

Seems it will outsell Bloodborne

Nice. Congrats to BN and FS

Great to hear!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Seems it will outsell Bloodborne

It's on 3 platforms compared to Bloodborne so thats a given.

That's good to hear. Even though Sega, Capcom (I'm longing for a comeback of 2 of my favorite publishers) and the overall Japanese home console industry are struggling nowadays, other publishers seem to do really well at the moment by breaking internal records especially in the west.

Bandai Namco: Dark Souls III fastest selling Bandai Namco game in the west ever

Ubisoft: The Division fastest selling Ubisoft game ever + fastest selling new IP ever

Bethesda: Fallout 4 fastest selling Bethesda game ever

Warner Games: Batman Arkham Knight fastest selling Warner game ever + 2015 best year for Warner Games ever

Activision Blizzard: Destiny 2nd fastest selling new IP ever

Take-Two: Grand Theft Auto V 3rd best selling game ever with 60 mill sold (only behind Tetris and Wii Sports)

Microsoft: Minecraft 3rd best selling game ever with 60 mill sold as well

Additionally, we have Uncharted 4 releasing in 3 weeks. It may be premature but it seems that this title might end up breaking records for its publisher. I don't think it will exceed GT3's 14.89 mill or GT5's 11.94 mill lifetime sales but it may end up being the fastest (1st day/week/month/year) selling PS 1st party title.

If Square Enix's expectations is anything to go by Final Fantasy XV may end up being one of their best selling games ever as well. At least I hope so as I'd like to see the Japanese home console game development do good again. Regarding the handheld industry though, things are looking a lot better in Japan with Nintendo's huge Mario and Pokémon sales and Capcom and Level-5's strong sales of Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch, respectively.

CosmicSex said:
Are we talking about new IP this generation or are we talking about new IP published by the publisher this generation thats new and is it best selling or biggest selling and was it the number one selling product on a particular console on a certain day of the week and did they forget to declare it a masterpiece and haters be damned?

Oh... it was the best launch for BNA ever. Okay that easy to understand... almost too easy.

XD Good one.

The more I play this game, the more I like it. Deserved.

Its cool how From still makes the IP feel fresh after five games.

That series is pretty much a sub genre that keeps growing. Soul rpg or something like that, not so "niche" anymore. Great news and well deserved.