By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard To Remove Tracer Pose From Overwatch Due To “Sex Symbol” Complaints

Here's what's fucking stupid, though.   Super Smash Bros. 4 is rated E10 and one of the fighter characters, Bayonetta, has this pose when she wins a match:

Sooooo, since Overwatch is rated T, explain to me how the actual flying (and swimming) fuck that other pose is highly sexualized and deemed inappropriate?

Nintendo has recieved heat lately for its censoring of various titles, but they've left Bayonetta's pose in an E10 rated game alone. 

If Nintendo of all fucking companies can have a pose like Bayonetta's in an E10 rated game, then surely, Blizzard can leave that one in.

Jesus Christ.

Around the Network

Holy cats.

This is what happens when someone looks at the entire world from one narrow, heavily focused viewpoint. They project what they see from their self-centered imaginations to everything around them. I wish these people could understand how silly they look in their manic need to apply sexism (or whatever) to anything that crosses their path.

We really need to start recognizing obsessive behavior like this for what it really is.

I can't believe this...

hope the industry doesn't follow

Correct me if I'm wrong but I though that there were multiple poses that you could chose from for the character.

Could the guy have just not selected the pose.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

mornelithe said:

lol, I came into this thread to make sure this got posted. Hilarious.

I do wonder how much you see people give in to a small minority before it pisses off enough people. I don't even care about Overwatch (although I do want to play as Winston), but from looking around the internet, it seems quite a lot of people are upset.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
mornelithe said:

lol, I came into this thread to make sure this got posted. Hilarious.

I do wonder how much you see people give in to a small minority before it pisses off enough people. I don't even care about Overwatch (although I do want to play as Winston), but from looking around the internet, it seems quite a lot of people are upset.

And I think it's rightful that it does piss off a whole lot of people.  This is so inconsequential, how exactly will Blizzard be able to say no in the future?   And look at how absurdly stupid, some people are with this.  Danny O' Dwyer, works for Gamespot:

Yeah, he's literally indicated that by removing this, it somehow means less rape...what the fuck?  "Not being raped as much"...so..look, if you're being raped frequently, you should probably call the cops.  I'm no expert, but, looking for a game to be changed, just so the amount of your rape is cut down a bit...I'm not sure that's a fix.  Nevermind that there is no evidence to suggest sexy imagery leads to rape.  

The thing that pisses me off is that 1 person complained about it with 100 disagree replys comments so it should be a non issue right? WRONG. Blizzard actually replys and says they will change it... wtf?

It could also be argued that overt sexuality is a part of women's liberation. The bodies of women and men should be admired and not made the subject of taboo. Feels like that in the effort to be progressive some people end up turning into regressive individuals lol

Short rant-
As for Blizzard they should stick with their creative vision, whatever that may be and not kowtow to whining babies that have nothing better to do but complain about non-issues instead of focusing on real world problems. /rant

Nevertheless I am still looking forward to this game.

Edit- Just read the letter posted by that beautiful lady and mother. It articulates what I was saying even better. Thankfully it looks as though the silent majority is pushing back against overwhelming political correctness. Only by men and women combining our voices can we have true egalitarianism.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 16 August 2021

We should just go back to rogue, use letters instead of character models. Although which letters are acceptable, Q is too fat, I too skinny, B too risky, X a bit raunchy, don't want them grouping up. Maybe numbers are better. Saves a lot on development costs and could be educational for kids, win win.