By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR price: $399/€399/£349+more in OP, coming October

JWeinCom said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

ahh i see. I just want to order from amazon so i can have it preordered and then by Oct i can decide if i want to keep it or not since amazon wont charge till shipped

Amazon doesn't put a hold on your account or anything?

no, u can preorder anything and they wont charge anything till it ships out

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
So... for someone who doesn't have a PS4... You're looking at...

350+400+60+50... so... 860 dollars. Ouch.

For the average PS4 Owner who needs either the move or the camera, you're looking at 450-500...

I don't see this taking off at these prices. VR may be a part of gaming's future, but the price has to come down first.

you don't need the move so you can skip them and you can save a few bucks on the camera so for some one who has nothing it's:

350 (pretty sure the price may come down another 50 bucks this year)+400+45= 745-795

for those that have a ps4 already: 445

and for those people that have everything: 399 bucks

and a fair price worldwide unless rift and vive

Looks like there will be bundles coming down the line that will include the camera and move controllers.

http://www.techinsider.io/there-will-be-a-playstation-vr-bundle-with-a-playstation-camera-2016-3

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Sprash said:
JWeinCom said:

For the average PS4 Owner who needs either the move or the camera, you're looking at 450-500...

I don't see this taking off at these prices. VR may be a part of gaming's future, but the price has to come down first.

you don't need the move so you can skip them and you can save a few bucks on the camera so for some one who has nothing it's:

350 (pretty sure the price may come down another 50 bucks this year)+400+45= 745-795

Don't forget taxes. It costs quite a bit especially since 76% (growing still) Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

leyendax69 said:
OneKartVita said:
count me in!
anybody have any views on this things potential in japan? could it be a massive hit?

Needs some waifu simulator games and will sell

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
JWeinCom said:

Amazon doesn't put a hold on your account or anything?

Good to know.  Thanks.

Sprash said:
JWeinCom said:

Eh... I don't really care about how it compares to the Rift and Vive.  I'm more interested in if it's worth what it costs. 

And it seems like the move will be pretty integral.  It's a weird choice to fragment an already fragmented market.  Ideally, they'd have camera bundles and nonbundles at launch.

JWeinCom said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Good to know.  Thanks.

Sprash said:

Eh... I don't really care about how it compares to the Rift and Vive.  I'm more interested in if it's worth what it costs. 

And it seems like the move will be pretty integral.  It's a weird choice to fragment an already fragmented market.  Ideally, they'd have camera bundles and nonbundles at launch.

http://www.techinsider.io/there-will-be-a-playstation-vr-bundle-with-a-playstation-camera-2016-3

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

£349 in the Uk? It will sell much worse than Kinect here. You have to have a PS4 right? That's £700! I said it before, the problem is its an add on. And an expensive one. It would have been better to wait till next gen. Mums and Dads generally wont pay that. Especially if they don't have a PS4 in the house already. Its coming out 3 years into the consoles life. I hope the revs do continue to support it and VR game sales are decent enough. But I just don't see it selling particularly well.

Ruler said:
leyendax69 said:

Needs some waifu simulator games and will sell

-

Le lenny face

$400 is a lot...but then again, people were forking over $400-500 for brand new gen 8 consoles at an unprecedented rate, and those were basically a 'step up' from cheaper last gen systems with tiny libraries. This is some new tech that seems to wow everyone who touches it. And the most important thing is there seems to be plenty of games in development, including a waifu sim for the otaku, so PSVR may very well take off this holiday.