Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon X/Y ORAS Community Thread - Trade, Battle, Breed, and Discuss!

John19 said:
Here's mine: 0275-8677-1134 Trainer should just be John
Ultrashroomz said:
4124-5089-5257

My Pokemon are Pancham, Mankey, and Riolu.

You've both been added.

Around the Network
StarDoor said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

You actually showed up as Frisk. And your Friend Safari is identical to mine. And it's quite cool.

Oh, so it uses the Mii name instead of the trainer name?

I suppose so. My trainer and my Mii have the same name.

I've got Gloom/Venomoth?

That's not Beartic!

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

So just a bit of an update. I took a stab at IV breeding today finally and I now have a Squirtle that has perfect IVs in everything but Special Attack. I'm going to start messing around with Natures and Abilities later today hopefully.

trasharmdsister12 said:
So just a bit of an update. I took a stab at IV breeding today finally and I now have a Squirtle that has perfect IVs in everything but Special Attack. I'm going to start messing around with Natures and Abilities later today hopefully.

1st perfect breeded Pokemon? (Except for Nature) Congrats  

I'm gonna be bumping/tagging this thread every once in a while. So when I get back to post-game on my new X file I can start anew!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

1st perfect breeded Pokemon? (Except for Nature) Congrats  

I'm gonna be bumping/tagging this thread every once in a while. So when I get back to post-game on my new X file I can start anew!

You seem to really know what you're doing so the sooner you get there,  the better off I'll probably be. Haha! 

Yeah that's my first ever attempt at IV breeding. Thank goodness for Flame Body and Hatching Power. I do need a Water 1 or Monster Pokémon with Rain Dish though. So that's my goal for today. I'll check the friend safari. 

So I've been trying to breed a Squirtle with the ability "Rain Dish" but I'm not having much luck. Here are the steps I've taken so far:

1. I found myself a Lombre with Rain Dish and bred it with Ditto until I got a male Lotad.
2. I gave a female Squirtle with 5 perfect IVs a Destiny Knot.
3. I gave the aforementioned male Lotad (which has Rain Dish) an Everstone.
4. I put them in the day care and let them get busy... over and over and over... and over and over and over again.

All of them just get "Torrent" from the mother. According to Bulbapedia, "From Black 2 and White 2 onward, if one parent holds an Everstone, its Nature will always be passed down."

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#Inheriting_Natures

Am I doing something terribly wrong?

After breeding a box and a half of Squirtles with Lotad, I learned that a male can only pass on its hidden ability when bred with a Ditto. Hmm...

I need to find a female in the Squirtle line that already has Rain Dish, don't I?

trasharmdsister12 said:

After breeding a box and a half of Squirtles with Lotad, I learned that a male can only pass on its hidden ability when bred with a Ditto. Hmm...

I need to find a female in the Squirtle line that already has Rain Dish, don't I?

Any luck yet?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

Any luck yet?

Nope. Everyone that advertises having a Squirtle with its HA on GTS wants a legendary, or something not available in X/Y natively. I might have to get Pokemon Bank and dig up my BW 1/2 cartridges and Heart Gold to transfer my Pokemon sets up.

I tried putting up some 4-5 IV Squirtles I had and people just sent me plain Squirtles when I asked for HA Squirtles. But that's how it goes with online gameplay anywhere. People will be jerks.

Last resort is joining a community and asking there.