Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Shadow1980 said:
Swordmasterman said:

Lol, PS4, is on the same Spot in the Weekly, and Monthly Ranks, when this "Out of Stock" will show in the chartz for Gears of War Bundle ?.

Well, as we get closer to the end of the month we'd expect to see less movement in the charts. A single day of sales will impact the month-to-date rankings when you're only a few days into the month than when there's only a few days left in the month. Furthermore, we're moving away from tax season and into the slow weeks of spring, so March as a month could be more front-loaded (and VGC usually shows it is, barring any March games that move hardware), which means that sales in later weeks in the month will have an even smaller impact on the overall monthly ranking.

If you want, I could whip up a chart tracking the change in the monthly positions for the PS4 & XBO this month.

Don't need to do this, i was following this thread the Whole Month, Xbox One, will have a Hard time, because who is interested in it might wait the Xbox 1.5, and with all the games coming for PC, it will Impact sales on the Future.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Shadow1980 said:

Well, as we get closer to the end of the month we'd expect to see less movement in the charts. A single day of sales will impact the month-to-date rankings when you're only a few days into the month than when there's only a few days left in the month. Furthermore, we're moving away from tax season and into the slow weeks of spring, so March as a month could be more front-loaded (and VGC usually shows it is, barring any March games that move hardware), which means that sales in later weeks in the month will have an even smaller impact on the overall monthly ranking.

If you want, I could whip up a chart tracking the change in the monthly positions for the PS4 & XBO this month.

Don't need to do this, i was following this thread the Whole Month, Xbox One, will have a Hard time, because who is interested in it might wait the Xbox 1.5, and with all the games coming for PC, it will Impact sales on the Future.

An xb1.5 would eb a mistake. They should just release a slimer xb1 with the option to connect to 4k and maybe even upscale to 4k with a price of $300 or lower.

Swordmasterman said:

Don't need to do this, i was following this thread the Whole Month,

Well, fine then. It's not like I wanted to make a chart or anything. Hmph![/tsundere]

Xbox One, will have a Hard time, because who is interested in it might wait the Xbox 1.5, and with all the games coming for PC, it will Impact sales on the Future.

Assuming there is a major XBO hardware revision in store. I really don't think either Sony or MS are planning on upgrading the gaming capabilities of their systems. I think it's just that the XBO is in a bad spot right now. The PS4 is now at $350, and combined with PSVR hype Sony is just eating into MS's market share. Temporary price cuts aren't going to work. Their best bet is to release a $250-300 slim model in late summer/early fall.

4 Hours after last update:

HARDWARE
#08 PSVR Headset (down 4)
#12 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (down 2)
#67 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#88 XB1 Name Your Game Bundle (down 3)
#231 XB1 Quantum Break SE Bundle (down 3)
 #559 PS4 Uncharted 4 Bundle (down 20)

SOFTWARE
#07 PS4 MLB The Show (down 2)
#15 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (down 1)
#16 XB1 Quantum Break (same)
#20 PS4 MLB The Show MVP Edition (down 3)
#21 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (down 2)
#48 WiiU Starfox Zero (down 1)
#73 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 8)

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

4 Hours after last update:

HARDWARE
#08 PSVR Headset (down 4)
#12 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (down 2)
#67 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#88 XB1 Name Your Game Bundle (down 3)
#231 XB1 Quantum Break SE Bundle (down 3)
 #559 PS4 Uncharted 4 Bundle (down 20)

SOFTWARE
#07 PS4 MLB The Show (down 2)
#15 PS4 Ratchet And Clank (down 1)
#16 XB1 Quantum Break (same)
#20 PS4 MLB The Show MVP Edition (down 3)
#21 PS4 Uncharted: A Thief's End (down 2)
#48 WiiU Starfox Zero (down 1)
#73 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 8)

Its good to see MLB doing good but i have a feeling that it won't perform as well as Amazon says it will. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Its good to see MLB doing good but i have a feeling that it won't perform as well as Amazon says it will. 

March 2015

#39 MLB 15 Anniversay Edition
#52 MLB 15

March 2016 (Monthly rankings not finalized yet)

#24 MLB 16
#30 MLB 16 MVP Edition

jason1637 said:

An xb1.5 would eb a mistake. They should just release a slimer xb1 with the option to connect to 4k and maybe even upscale to 4k with a price of $300 or lower.

Did someone say "Slimer"?

Shadow1980 said:
jason1637 said:

You asking for trouble talking about nasty stuff around Briggle

Shadow1980 said:
jason1637 said:

Shadow1980 said:
jason1637 said:

Yay im going to have a nightmare!