By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 6/Gears of War 4 Coming To Windows 10 (RUMOUR)

zero129 said:
Ruler said:

It wont be as profitable as people buying it on Xbox One. MS wont see Xbox Live money or platform roaylties from Multiplats, most people buy their PC games from steam

Except people that where going to buy it on the X1 still will.

Going by trends it seems alot of Hardcore PC gamers wont use the Windows 10 store to buy this game cos of problems with the Windows 10 store blocking modding, no exclusive fullscreen mode etc. This means unless MS fixes them problems, most hardcore PC users will most likely avoid this version based on princible.

But Whats also happining (Going by this thread and based on others like it), is that now a lot of Non Hardcore PC gamers that are console gamers, and lets be real here about 90% of them wouldnt of got an xbox1 anyways. But they are now willing to buy this game on the MS Store.

So if the Internetz can be believed the MS Store is about to gain alot of Non Xbox1 fans to their service.

So

Xbox 1 gamers will still buy this game on xbox 1.

PC owners will buy it for PC.

Xbox1+PC owners will buy it for whatever one they choose and it doesnt matter since 1 sale gives you both versions.

And i think this is also something people are forgetting. All sales will be classed as 1 since both versions are cross buy. So 1 sale gained on PC doesnt = 1 lost sale on xbox1, it still = 1 sale no matter what platfrom you buy it on.

People who are only console gamers or not really into PC gaming will buy an xbox 1 for this game and other games that are only on the xbox1 and no other console, if they really where going to get one this game being on PC wont make them go "OMG i need PC" since if anyone was going to do that im sure they would of a long time ago, since the has been far bigger and well known games then this thats also on PC.

Yeah but this what i am saying potential Xbox One buyers will get the PC version, they arent enticed to buy Xbox LIVE GOLD or Xbox Multiplats having platform royalties

Around the Network
Ruler said:
zero129 said:

Going by trends it seems alot of Hardcore PC gamers wont use the Windows 10 store to buy this game cos of problems with the Windows 10 store blocking modding, no exclusive fullscreen mode etc. This means unless MS fixes them problems, most hardcore PC users will most likely avoid this version based on princible.

But Whats also happining (Going by this thread and based on others like it), is that now a lot of Non Hardcore PC gamers that are console gamers, and lets be real here about 90% of them wouldnt of got an xbox1 anyways. But they are now willing to buy this game on the MS Store.

So if the Internetz can be believed the MS Store is about to gain alot of Non Xbox1 fans to their service.

So

Xbox1+PC owners will buy it for whatever one they choose and it doesnt matter since 1 sale gives you both versions.

And i think this is also something people are forgetting. All sales will be classed as 1 since both versions are cross buy. So 1 sale gained on PC doesnt = 1 lost sale on xbox1, it still = 1 sale no matter what platfrom you buy it on.

People who are only console gamers or not really into PC gaming will buy an xbox 1 for this game and other games that are only on the xbox1 and no other console, if they really where going to get one this game being on PC wont make them go "OMG i need PC" since if anyone was going to do that im sure they would of a long time ago, since the has been far bigger and well known games then this thats also on PC.

Yeah but this what i am saying potential Xbox One buyers will get the PC version, they arent enticed to buy Xbox LIVE GOLD or Xbox Multiplats having platform royalties

Isnt this game mostly a single player experience??, if so then the is no reason to believe they would sign up for xbox live for this game anyways.

Plus i believe MS will change the way their subscription works across their windows 10 platforms including xbox1.

I think they will allow multi player to be free, but will have Xbox Access or Xbox Live Gold that will give users access to free games/Movies/music Plus discounts across a number of MS Windows 10 devices all for the one subscription price of signing up for Gold.

zero129 said:
Ruler said:

It wont be as profitable as people buying it on Xbox One. MS wont see Xbox Live money or platform roaylties from Multiplats, most people buy their PC games from steam

So

What is the reason for someone that don't own the Xbox One, to pre-order the Digital copy of Quantum Break, for Xbox One ?, this is even possible without onwing the Console ?,  And just the Xbox Version, that is Cross-buy, so if you purchase on PC, you will not be able to play on Xbox One.

Mr Puggsly said:
Swordmasterman said:

Some users are Stateing that  Exclusives don't move consoles, we are with this for over 1 Week, all because of Quantum Break's Reveal, so for some users, because Microsoft, is releasing games for PC, means that Exclusives don't sell consoles, and that They really never was something important.

Alan Wake, had a Huge PC Community, bigger than Xbox 360, that would purchase a Xbox One, for Quantum Break, and now they don't need it.

I don't think anyone said exclusives don't move consoles. However, a game doesn't need to be exclusive to move hardware. Multiplat games also move hardware. We see sales spikes all the time when consoles get games that are exclusive or otherwise.

Alan Wake had modest sales in spite of being exclusive to 360 for almost 2 years. Putting it on PC simply made the IP more popular to an audience that didn't want to play it on 360.

While something like Left 4 Dead launched on both PC and 360 at the same yet still found great success on 360. Sigificantly more success than many exclusive games.

You think in black and white. You see QB on PC and to you that means everybody that wants to play is gonna buy a high end PC instead of a X1. In reality, there is no guarantee that game will move a lot of hardware and people accustom to consoles rather play it on a console. QB will ultimately have more success as a PC/X1 release then X1 alone. Also, its Microsoft Store exclusive so a lot of PC users will ignore it.

Exclusives, Move much more hardware than Multiplataform games, if a game is avaliable on PC, so the game will not sell hardware like a Exclusive, and who play on PC, or on Console, only want to play Games, if the games are avaliable only on a Console, so the PC Owner, will purchase the console.

And Left 4 Dead, is one of the most ridiculous comparison, look at hal much the game sold on Xbox, and how much sold on Steam, Left 4 dead 1 + 2 Xbox 360 = 7.5 Millions of units, Left 4 dead 1 + 2 Steam = 18 Millions Units, do you really thing that Left 4 Dead, would not move Much more hardware if was exclusive for Xbox 360 ?, even if 10% of the owners  purchased the Xbox 360, already would be good for the Hardware, more 1.8 Millions on Sales.

Look at BloodBorne, the game sold more than 2 Millions, and also sold a lot of bundles, i have no doubt that atleast 500 Thousands of Hardwares was because of BloodBorne's Bundles, this is a number that you cannot throw away, the Owners will make more people purchase, is much more profit than releasing the game on PC, but Xbox One, is not selling, because of That, Microsoft, don't want to push the Hardware, over the Software, because they don't have faith that those games will push the hardware.

Xbox One, sold under 150k on USA, last month, this is a YOY Drop, on their biggest country, so is not something good, lets wait for the next NPD, and see if Xbox One, will have other YOY Drop.

Swordmasterman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't think anyone said exclusives don't move consoles. However, a game doesn't need to be exclusive to move hardware. Multiplat games also move hardware. We see sales spikes all the time when consoles get games that are exclusive or otherwise.

Alan Wake had modest sales in spite of being exclusive to 360 for almost 2 years. Putting it on PC simply made the IP more popular to an audience that didn't want to play it on 360.

While something like Left 4 Dead launched on both PC and 360 at the same yet still found great success on 360. Sigificantly more success than many exclusive games.

You think in black and white. You see QB on PC and to you that means everybody that wants to play is gonna buy a high end PC instead of a X1. In reality, there is no guarantee that game will move a lot of hardware and people accustom to consoles rather play it on a console. QB will ultimately have more success as a PC/X1 release then X1 alone. Also, its Microsoft Store exclusive so a lot of PC users will ignore it.

Exclusives, Move much more hardware than Multiplataform games, if a game is avaliable on PC, so the game will not sell hardware like a Exclusive, and who play on PC, or on Console, only want to play Games, if the games are avaliable only on a Console, so the PC Owner, will purchase the console.

And Left 4 Dead, is one of the most ridiculous comparison, look at hal much the game sold on Xbox, and how much sold on Steam, Left 4 dead 1 + 2 Xbox 360 = 7.5 Millions of units, Left 4 dead 1 + 2 Steam = 18 Millions Units, do you really thing that Left 4 Dead, would not move Much more hardware if was exclusive for Xbox 360 ?, even if 10% of the owners  purchased the Xbox 360, already would be good for the Hardware, more 1.8 Millions on Sales.

Look at BloodBorne, the game sold more than 2 Millions, and also sold a lot of bundles, i have no doubt that atleast 500 Thousands of Hardwares was because of BloodBorne's Bundles, this is a number that you cannot throw away, the Owners will make more people purchase, is much more profit than releasing the game on PC, but Xbox One, is not selling, because of That, Microsoft, don't want to push the Hardware, over the Software, because they don't have faith that those games will push the hardware.

Xbox One, sold under 150k on USA, last month, this is a YOY Drop, on their biggest country, so is not something good, lets wait for the next NPD, and see if Xbox One, will have other YOY Drop.

Again, you think in black and white. Call of Duty moves more units than any exclusive. Losing CoD would be a bigger blow than any exclusive. Understand the logic? Multiplat are also important for moving hardware.

Why does CoD sell so shitty on PC but great on consoles? Why does some games sell great on PC but not consoles? Why did Alan find success on PC even though it was over a year late? Because they arent the same audience.

There is an article I saw where Gabe said L4D dod better on Xbox while Portal 2 did better on PC. Hence, many PC users likely waited for big price cuts. That game is like a few dollars during a sale with free DLC. Again, L4D did better than most exclusives even though it was on PC. That kills your argument.

You dont really know how many consoles Bloodborne moved. Certainly not more than multiplat Destiny.

I dont follow month to month sales. Xbox does its best numbers during the holiday.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Swordmasterman said:

Again, you think in black and white. Call of Duty moves more units than any exclusive. Losing CoD would be a bigger blow than any exclusive. Understand the logic? Multiplat are also important for moving hardware.

Why does CoD sell so shitty on PC but great on consoles? Why does some games sell great on PC but not consoles? Why did Alan find success on PC even though it was over a year late? Because they arent the same audience.

There is an article I saw where Gabe said L4D dod better on Xbox while Portal 2 did better on PC. Hence, many PC users likely waited for big price cuts. That game is like a few dollars during a sale with free DLC. Again, L4D did better than most exclusives even though it was on PC. That kills your argument.

You dont really know how many consoles Bloodborne moved. Certainly not more than multiplat Destiny.

I dont follow month to month sales. Xbox does its best numbers during the holiday.

It Moved toons of Consoles.

Call of Duty, is not more important than any other exclusive, if was one game to rule them all, would be GTA, Say for me how Left 4 Dead "Did better than most exclusives", You know how much games have on each console that sold more than Left 4 Dead ?.

Call of Duty, sell more on Consoles because Activision, make the biggest Markets, and Deals with the consoles, Activision, is the Console division of Blizzard, and Blizzard, is the PC Division of Activision,  PC Gaming, was not a thing when Call of Duty, first started, (Black ops series started when Steam, had 30 Millions of users) so most of the users are from the Consoles, and all the consoles have Exclusives, if majority had a Console last gen, this means that they like the Exclusives of the console, so they got another console this Gen, and their friends already are with the consoles, so to play Multiplayer, they want to play with friends.

Call of Duty, have a 15-20 Millions Loyal Fan-base, even if they purchase 1-2 Exclusives during the Life-cicle of the console, already is enought to make them chose wich machine will run their games.

The Last of US Bundle, moved many console Sales, was one of the Top Bundles of the Playstation 4, for the year of 2014, and this year we will have a lot of Bundles of Exclusive games,  that will move Hardware.

You also don't think that Halo 3, or Splatoon, also moved Sales for Xbox 360, and Splatoon ?, when Playstation 3, got LittleBigPlanet, KIllzone 2, and Demon Souls, the console had a great increase on Sales, a Price Drop, isn't everything.

Playstation 3, started at 499US$, Xbox One, at 499US$, Playstation 3, droped to 300US$ on the third year, Xbox One, might do the same, but Xbox One, is behind Playstation 3, because don't had enought exclusives.

For a game that sold more than 2 Millions, is silly to think that the game did not sold atleast 500 Thousands of Bundles, Exclusives sell consoles, much more than Multimidia Features, or Price-cuts.

zero129 said:
Ruler said:

Isnt this game mostly a single player experience??, if so then the is no reason to believe they would sign up for xbox live for this game anyways.

Plus i believe MS will change the way their subscription works across their windows 10 platforms including xbox1.

I think they will allow multi player to be free, but will have Xbox Access or Xbox Live Gold that will give users access to free games/Movies/music Plus discounts across a number of MS Windows 10 devices all for the one subscription price of signing up for Gold.

I wouldnt put my hand into the fire for it being free in the future. Its maybe a singleplayer game but forza and gears are not

Ruler said:
zero129 said:

I wouldnt put my hand into the fire for it being free in the future. Its maybe a singleplayer game but forza and gears are not

Also have Sea of Thiefs, Fable, that are coming to Xbox, and PC, and have Multiplayer.

Swordmasterman said:It Moved toons of Consoles.

Call of Duty, is not more important than any other exclusive, if was one game to rule them all, would be GTA, Say for me how Left 4 Dead "Did better than most exclusives", You know how much games have on each console that sold more than Left 4 Dead ?.

Call of Duty, sell more on Consoles because Activision, make the biggest Markets, and Deals with the consoles, Activision, is the Console division of Blizzard, and Blizzard, is the PC Division of Activision,  PC Gaming, was not a thing when Call of Duty, first started, (Black ops series started when Steam, had 30 Millions of users) so most of the users are from the Consoles, and all the consoles have Exclusives, if majority had a Console last gen, this means that they like the Exclusives of the console, so they got another console this Gen, and their friends already are with the consoles, so to play Multiplayer, they want to play with friends.holidayof Duty, have a 15-20 Millions Loyal Fan-base, even if they purchase 1-2 Exclusives during the Life-cicle of the console, already is enought to make them chose wich machine will run their games

The Last of US Bundle, moved many console Sales, was one of the Top Bundles of the Playstation 4, for the year of 2014, and this year we will have a lot of Bundles of Exclusive games,  that will move Hardware.

You also don't think that Halo 3, or Splatoon, also moved Sales for Xbox 360, and Splatoon ?, when Playstation 3, got LittleBigPlanet, KIllzone 2, and Demon Souls, the console had a great increase on Sales, a Price Drop, isn't everything.

Playstation 3, started at 499US$, Xbox One, at 499US$, Playstation 3, droped to 300US$ on the third year, Xbox One, might do the same, but Xbox One, is behind Playstation 3, because don't had enought exclusives.

For a game that sold more than 2 Millions, is silly to think that the game did not sold atleast 500 Thousands of Bundles, Exclusives sell consoles, much more than Multimidia Features, or Price-cuts.

Im not in the mood for debate so let me just wrap it up.

Everything is important. Overall library, price, marketing, etc.

Im not gonna argue whats most important, it all is. You like arguing, sometimes I think you say things for the sake of arguing.

There are many examples of sales going up when ________ happened.

Mr Puggsly said:
Swordmasterman said:It Moved toons of Consoles.

Call of Duty, sell more on Consoles because Activision, make the biggest Markets, and Deals with the consoles, Activision, is the Console division of Blizzard, and Blizzard, is the PC Division of Activision,  PC Gaming, was not a thing when Call of Duty, first started, (Black ops series started when Steam, had 30 Millions of users) so most of the users are from the Consoles, and all the consoles have Exclusives, if majority had a Console last gen, this means that they like the Exclusives of the console, so they got another console this Gen, and their friends already are with the consoles, so to play Multiplayer, they want to play with friends.holidayof Duty, have a 15-20 Millions Loyal Fan-base, even if they purchase 1-2 Exclusives during the Life-cicle of the console, already is enought to make them chose wich machine will run their games

Im not in the mood for debate so let me just wrap it up.

Everything is important. Overall library, price, marketing, etc.

Im not gonna argue whats most important, it all is. You like arguing, sometimes I think you say things for the sake of arguing.

There are many examples of sales going up when ________ happened.

its kinda one of the reasons why i stopped replying to him too. Its like he totally misses your points, goes off about things you didnt say and brings other stuff into it and even when you explain things he still repeats and misses your points.

This was funny from him "PC Gaming wasnt a thing when call of duty started" ROTFL!!. Seems like he doesnt notice Call of Duty started on PC and also doesnt notice PC made the FPS genre YEARS! before Call of duty ever even launched on PC lol.