By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XV’s Uncovered Event Page Hints At PC Release

outlawauron said:
leyendax69 said:

Probably, I don't see them going the Rockstar route and wait too much, Final Fantasy is a lot more frontloaded than gta, unless obviously they had a deal with Sony and Ms

Uh, how does this point to Sony and MS having a deal to prevent a PC version releasing simultaneously. That makes zero sense.

Didn't Microsoft pay for Tomb Raider not releasing on ps4? I meant Sony OR Ms, not both, sorry. It would make a lot of sense especially for Sony, paying for the game not releasing on pc for some time, not saying they did but it's a possibility.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
outlawauron said:

Uh, how does this point to Sony and MS having a deal to prevent a PC version releasing simultaneously. That makes zero sense.

Didn't Microsoft pay for Tomb Raider not releasing on ps4? I meant Sony OR Ms, not both, sorry. It would make a lot of sense especially for Sony, paying for the game not releasing on pc for some time, not saying they did but it's a possibility.

If the game weren't releasing on Xbox One at the same time, then I might agree with you. I don't think they're too worried about the PC vs PS4 audience for a Final Fantasy game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
leyendax69 said:

If the game weren't releasing on Xbox One at the same time, then I might agree with you. I don't think they're too worried about the PC vs PS4 audience for a Final Fantasy game.

Then why don't they release it on pc at the same time as the other 2? If it's supposedly easier to port games to pc than before? I don't think it's only because of piracy, but who knows.

Also the fact that it's releasing on x1 at the same time doesn't change anything, we all know it's going to be like 5:1 in ps4's favor, so clearly is more important for sony than Ms, as the final fantasy brand is known mainly on playstation

leyendax69 said:
outlawauron said:

Then why don't they release it on pc at the same time as the other 2? If it's supposedly easier to port games to pc than before? I don't think it's only because of piracy, but who knows.

Also the fact that it's releasing on x1 at the same time doesn't change anything, we all know it's going to be like 5:1 in ps4's favor, so clearly is more important for sony than Ms, as the final fantasy brand is known mainly on playstation

I think they won't bother with it because it's not a priority. They're going to focus on simultaneous worldwide release and then work on any ports later. It being easier to port things around doesn't suddenly make it click a button and it's done. I think the previous FF ports would have more than shown that.

outlawauron said:

I think they won't bother with it because it's not a priority. They're going to focus on simultaneous worldwide release and then work on any ports later. It being easier to port things around doesn't suddenly make it click a button and it's done. I think the previous FF ports would have more than shown that.

Well yeah I'm not denying that. The game will probably make more profit on consoles so SE must be focused there. I wasn't stating facts or anything lol, I just like to consider things, I apologize for saying them out loud

Around the Network

My body is ready.

4 ≈ One

leyendax69 said:
outlawauron said:

Well yeah I'm not denying that. The game will probably make more profit on consoles so SE must be focused there. I wasn't stating facts or anything lol, I just like to consider things, I apologize for saying them out loud

Uh, I think you might have misunderstood me a bit. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. Just talking about something I'm passionate about.

PC release was going to happen, regardless of sleuthing. It's just a matter of when.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
PC release was going to happen, regardless of sleuthing. It's just a matter of when.

What happens when the part of "when" arrives?. Quite a few here keep saying "it's a matter of when" as if it's something really, really bad or that it means there's no point in bothering with the PC version. It's like setting up a self fulfilling prophecy at this point.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Azuren said:

What happens when the part of "when" arrives?. Quite a few here keep saying "it's a matter of when" as if it's something really, really bad or that it means there's no point in bothering with the PC version. It's like setting up a self fulfilling prophecy at this point.

I was referring to this being news of a possible answer to "when" (seeming to imply simultaneous release, or very close) as opposed to this being news of its existence at all.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames